Once Upon A Child

Discussion in Hot Deals started by butterfly1 • May 12, 2015.

1. butterfly1

butterfly1Member

Threads:
    One of the most awesome stores to shop at for children from the age 0-5 is Once Upon a Child. They have just about everything that you need there. From onesies, to pants, to shoes, to toys, to beds, and strollers. They just had a sale in the DFW, TX area 10 onesies for $10. Everything is gently used and you can save a boatload of money. In Tennesse some stores have maternity clothing for as little as $3-5 a shirt (winning)! And, these are name brand items, Carter's, Disney, Granimals and the like..

2. egrocket

egrocketNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip! I will have to take my children there. I have found that clothes for children can get ridiculously expensive! I often find that the money I spend on buying myself clothes is sometimes less than buying my children's clothes.

3. butterfly1

butterfly1Member

Threads:
    No problem. I know how difficult it can be. I have found that there are deals all around me. I just have to think in the mind frame of abundance. Then I seem to find all types of deals. There is another store called Child to Child that is very similar to Once Upon a Child.

#3May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  4. Martha

MarthaNew Member

Threads:
    I unfortunately know what you mean. I'm new in this world because I just had a daughter two weeks ago, but I already know how expensive can be buying clothes or accesories for a newborn baby. And it is really absurd, but so many people like spending a lot of money to wear kids like little lords. Meh...

Nevertheless it's correct to say that if the quality is really high..oh well, the purchase is justified.

#4May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  5. Nevin Starr

Nevin StarrNew Member

Threads:
    We have one of those here in San Diego! It's awesome! I wasn't happy with what they paid me for the items I sold but is anyone ever? I love that they put so much of their product out. We have another baby resale shop here and the shelves are always pretty bare. The racks of clothes are pretty full but there is not a lot of variety. I can almost always count on finding what I need (want) at Once Upon a Child.

6. butterfly1

butterfly1Member

Threads:
    Nevin, I am glad to hear that. You should have put your stuff on Ebay, Craigslist, or Amazon to get more money back because I agree with you when it comes to selling your stuff. But, it is good to find a place that has what you need without paying an arm and a leg for it.

7. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I visited one in Iowa. They had a lot of great finds. My only issue is some of my favorites were not in my child's size. I got a nice bouncer for my son for 19 dollars. I love consignment shops in general. Has anyone been able to sell clothes to Once Upon A Child? Do they buy clothes at a reasonable price?

8. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    @Rzashida@Rzashida. Once Upon A Child only buys certain named clothing check out their website. I think exceptions might be made if the condition is excellent or like new.

As butterfly1 mentioned the best option for selling baby, toddler and child clothing is Ebay. I've have sold one piece to several in a lot. You would be surprised at the demand for children's clothing on Ebay. If it doesn't sell the price is too high even if shipping is free.

9. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I think once upon a child is a great store to get afford children clothing, toys, strollers, car seats, etc. If you are looking to save some money that is a perfect store to go to. Another great thing about once upon a child is that you can sell gently used children clothing and items. So if you need extra money, that's a place to start.

10. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    Once Upon A Child sounds awesome. I have actually never heard of it. Do they have stores on the west coast? Even an online shop would have been useful. I wish I knew about them before I gave away all my baby stuff. I would have tried to sell it first. However, I did donate it all so at least it went to a good cause.