Music you don't like listening to?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 8, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I say chillout music, I don't means like meditation music. I used to listen to it a lot during my high school years, and when kids used to ask me about it, and I'd say that my favorite genre was chillout muisc, they used to assume that it was animals like wales singing lol. They used to call it wale music, which wasn't what it was at all.

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I went through a rebellious phase during my teens, just like most people, so i was really into loud, screamo music. Now, i wonder why i even consider that music before, it's just noise to me now. I also avoid listening to pop, although i gotta admit there's really some catchy pop music i listen to once in a while.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bold screameo music lol!! I was primarily into chillout music during my teenage years, and most of the sub genres that fell into that category, like trip hop music. But every now and then, I did enjoy a screameo song too. Most of it is just noise to me also.

4. TalTBest

TalTBestNew Member

Threads:
    I don't like heavy metal music and every style which connected to screaming. I also don't like electro, house and so on...

5. Erin Sagisi

Erin SagisiNew Member

Threads:
    As the same with you, I love music and enjoy listening to all music genres. Your feelings toward electro music is me with country music. I just do not like country music at all. I am not downgrading the genre but it is not my preference of music that I want to listen to.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are probably more genres of music that I hate these days than those that I actually like. It used to be that I just hated country, and I still do, but that's not the only style of music I can't stand.

Modern pop music, particularly with teen or twenty something artist, completely blows. The marketplace is flooded with a bunch of teenagers that simply have no singing ability whatsoever and cannot play any instruments or write their own songs. It's just a bunch of entitled brats clamoring for attention and the media spotlight. They don't even sing, they just yell out all their lyrics and some studio engineer auto-tunes the heck out of it. Plus all the songs themselves sound the same because they'e all being written by like 2 or 3 writers.

Don't even get me started on country. There's a Youtube video which shows how all the modern top country songs out there these days are literally all following the same melody and song structure. Incidentally the same person that put together that video also did the same thing for Nickleback's songs with the same results. It was pretty eye opening.

Whatever genre "Skrillex" and the like belong to is also god awful. That sounds like something that would come from a fighting sequence in The Matrix like 16 years ago, not something I would want to listen to for leisure and entertainment.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me if you are a music lover. I don't like rap or hip hop because for me, that is not music but just noise particularly the rap which has no sense to me. But I admit that I am old fashioned and that I am left behind by the times. The landscape of music has terribly changed and the music of old will not come back anymore. But come to think of it, who loves rap, really?

8. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly anything 80s. There are only a few songs I like from that whole decade. I mostly listen to 90s, 50s, 60s, and musical music. ...the kind with harps and flutes and stuff like that.

9. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I don't really like country music. I used to be a fan of it when I was in middle school but nowadays I don't find it all that enjoyable. I also don't really like overly generic pop music. I enjoy listening to the radio and pandora while I take my showers and cook but I hate some of the songs they play because I can't even tell one artist from another. They all sort of start to sound the same and I feel like that ruins an artist completely.

10. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I used to listen exclusively to metal/screamo in my angsty middle school years. I think I listened to it because it was different. Not in the hipster sense, but more due to the fact that it made me stand out. I thought it made me unique and interesting. It didn't. I listened to my old favorite band a few weeks ago, and I couldn't believe I listened to that stuff.

11. seatones

seatonesNew Member

Threads:
    The only genre of music that I can't at all stand is modern country music. The subject matter is just so shallow almost 100% of the time. Lyrics about trucks, relationship issues, and beer written in the most basic/easy-to-swallow way over incredibly over-produced and musically-boring instrumentals you could ever imagine. It's almost impressive how these musicians are able to gain such huge fanbases based purely on marketing and image. The musical and lyrical ability it takes to write a country song could be amassed in a year tops, opposed to almost any other genre which is more of a 10,000 hours deal.

12. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know. I don't like a lot of country either but country is not the only genre to have relationship issues. You can find breakup songs in any genre especially pop.

13. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    In my teens I use to like so many types of music that as an adult I don't care for at all. I use to like heavy metal which I can't stand now. I have never like opera type music because I think it is so boring.

14. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I hate almost all types of music that make use of too much auto tune. What’s the point of singing if you are going to excessively manipulate it with auto tune. It doesn’t really make sense to me. This is probably why majority of the songs I listen to date back to earlier years when auto tune wasn’t that prevalent.

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm picky when it comes to music... I don't like indie songs in general and I'm also not a fan of rap songs with racy lyrics. And I also dislike gospel.... As long as the song is pop, rock or contemporary country I probably enjoy it.

16. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I really love music, but I can't deal with anything related with heavy-metal and similar genres that involved people screaming to a mic. I also don't really like country, I have the sensation that every track sounds the same.