Money in PayPal

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by Gelsemium • Oct 31, 2014.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

Wow, 6 months huh?! That's just crazy! I mean, do you think it could affect mainly people who have a fat Paypal account or is it right across the board? I too like Zyni stated, would be in a right pickle because I just don't know which alternative payment processor I'd use while they conducted their investigation. I know of a few, but there always seems to be a lot of complaints about them. So i'm not sure I'd want to go with any of them, to be honest!

2. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    I don't have a lot of money in Paypal (around 20 bucks) but I wouldn't be happy if they froze my account. There isn't an alternative service to use in some websites I work at, so I probably would not get payed. Thankfully they never tried anything. And for 20 bucks I doubt they ever will. But thank you for the warning, I'll have one open eye now, and I won't put all my money on there!

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard that it is any suspicious activity, or that it depends upon if they spot any suspicious activity going on with the account or accounts in question. I mean there are lots of other payment processors to use, but none of the major online earning opportunities utilize them like they utilize paypal, and so we are all trapped. Ultimately, Paypal can do what they want.

4. Lushlala

Threads:
    I wonder what qualifies as suspicious activity?! I have to say though, even as I've noticed dozens of payment processors cropping up in the last few years, I still believe Paypal is the best of the lot. I have done a lot of research about quite a few of the ones that are considered Paypal competitors, but some of the reviews I've seen are far worse than people experiences with Paypal. These range from very high fees, non communication and difficulty moving money; none of which I've ever experienced. So for now I think I'll stick with Paypal :)

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, that's what I was getting at too. I know there are other payment processors out there, but most of the people that pay me use Paypal. I don't know that I'd trust the others either, since I've heard similar complaints about them.

I have always withdrawn my money fairly quickly "just in case." In case of what, I didn't know, but this issue is as good a reason as any, haha. I just always felt better once I had my money.

After all the years I've been using it now, I had grown a bit more confident. I had actually been considering leaving a bit more in there and getting the Paypal debit card, but now, I'm rethinking that.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    PayPal is by far the best money transfer platform I know. It's both cost-efficient and smooth. I haven't encountered any transaction problems so far except for that time I linked my debit card to my PayPal account (and the customer service wasn't helping either). I realized that process wasn't really mandatory (because I was under the impression it was necessary to make the transfer happen). Now I simply transfer my PayPal money to my bank account. No linking necessary.

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    Yea, I think we're probably best off not leaving any substantial amount in there, just in case! I wouldn't be happy at all if I had that sort of situation LOL We work too hard for these pennies to risk losing it! I wonder if there's actually a maximum amount you can leave in your Paypal account?

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    One thing that I know qualifies as suspicious activity, for sure, is is you are only earning a certain amount in your paypal account regularly, and then you suddenly start to make giant leaps in income, and it goes into your Paypal account. They look at things like that. But rather than contact you and talk to you about it, it seems that they would rather just shut down your account.

9. Glcameron

GlcameronNew Member

Threads:
    I really don't leave money in the paypal account because I like to make sure everything is protected. I tend to transfer everything over when I reach $200.00. I've had my paypal breached before so it's insane.

10. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I've always been scared to have a large amount of money in my account before I transfer. I don't necessarily think anything will happen, but since it's computers, I have my doubts. I always withdraw at around $100 but I'd like to do much more than that. Just accumulate money and then transfer to my bank account. That'd help me out a lot. One of these times I'll try it and hopefully nothing ever goes wrong even if it's a small amount.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't even wait until then. I just don't feel like my money is safe in my Paypal account. There have been instances in the past where I have left money - small amounts - sitting in my paypal accounts, and then when I have logged in again, the amount has decreased slightly, according to the current exchange rate. I was like, hell no. I always transfer money straight to my bank account when it goes into my Paypal.

12. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    A good idea but I have had no problems with paypal and I have even received calls from them for help when I have been stuck with something.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    They always seem to answer the phone, so they are great with that. I have only had to call them a handful of times before, and during the first few times that I wanted to phone them, their phone services seemed to be down or under construction. So yeah, I had to wait until that was fixed. But when you phone them now that it is up and running, they answer quickly and were very helpful.

14. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    I have not had any problems with PayPal. I put in and take out varying sums from time to time and I have never had difficulty. My experience has given me reason to trust the system so I don't worry as much as I did in the beginning. That being said, anything is possible and though it has proven safe so far nothing is 100% all the time.

15. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal is safe to use and it is constantly trying to make the service better by hunting bugs, glitches and finding new ways to counter hackers and theft incidences. But there will always be risks, especially in the virtual world, so I also do not keep a lot of money in the account. I do not have that much money in the first place.