Least Favorite Chore?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by barkingsquirrel • Apr 27, 2015.

1. dawnolsen

dawnolsenMember

Threads:
    Woo hoo for great coupon abilities! I too have gotten to the point where I save so much at checkout that I have to give myself a pat on the back. Good job on your savings! I actually enjoy grocery shopping when I can do it alone. If my kids are going to be joining me then I am not as big a fan. I have two toddlers and shopping for more than ten minutes can turn into WWIII quickly. My least favorite chore would be having to put away all those groceries when I get home. By them time I am done with the actual shopping I want to sit down, not spend another hour putting away and organizing! I find it worthwhile to bribe my husband into putting everything away these days.

2. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    Housework doesn't get to me too much. It's just the always having to do it that bugs me. I have 2 small kids so there are constant messes of toys every day. I don't really mind dishes unless there's a ton to do. And even then, it's not that big of a deal. The one I dislike the most though, is laundry! We have so many clothes between us all that it takes forever to fold and put away. Plus the kids always want to push the clothes down when they're in nice neat piles. My 3 year old always wants to help fold which is great, but she just piles unfolded clothes on top of folded ones and it can get obnoxious. She's good at folding towels though! So I let her do that. Oh I hate grocery shopping too!! My husband does it all when we go to the store. I just find it so boring and a burden. I don't know why, I should be happy and feel greatful but it just bugs me so bad. I also hate freezing because of all the freezer aisles. I'd rather put everything away than go shopping for it all. :D

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate an untidy house, yet I absolutely hate housework LOL But out of everything, I really hate doing the laundry and the ironing. Like DeannaTroupe, I also hate having to then put all the clean clothes away. I always run out hangers and space and have to re-arrange everything, which takes up so much time. I wish I had one of those massive walk in wardrobes. Maybe some day!

4. cheryllei9h

cheryllei9hNew Member

Threads:
    Cleaning the bathroom is my least favorite chore. I especially hate cleaning the bathtub. We have a small bathroom so it's aggravating.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My least favorite is cleaning the bathroom. But with shopping, I love to shop whether for grocery items or clothing. I feel rich whenever I would go shopping because of the thought that I can buy things that I want especially those in the shopping list. You can ask me to go shopping everyday and I wouldn't complain. It's so nice to see the things you like.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like handwashing my clothes, I think that it's very tiring to the hands and arms. I also don't like mopping the floor, it's exhausting! I don't mind washing the dishes though.

7. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    We tend to fry chicken a lot so I have to keep on top of the grease. There is nothing worse than trying to clean caked up grease on a stove where the eyes are because of the corners. I also hate doing dishes because people make dishes as I'm washing them. Worst yet people wait until after I'm done washing dishes only to come out of their rooms with extra cups,bowls,spoons, ect. Then it's the coffee stains on the counter. I know you see that spill, please clean it up! Just because cleaning the kitchen is my chore doesn't mean it's OK to be lazy with cleaning up after yourself because you figure it's not your "chore".

8. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I love couponing and grocery shopping, I love the challenge of getting the best deal for my dollar. I absolutely cannot stand doing laundry and dishes. I hate how they pile up every day, and seem to be neverending. To think that families went without washing machines and dishwashers in the past, and the families that do not have them today, I know I should feel blessed to have both, but I still hate doing laundry and washing dishes!

9. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I generally do not like all house chores but the most that I do not like is doing the laundry. It is so tiresome, especially when I have bed sheets, pillow cases, blankets and towels to wash and clean. They become so heavy when they are wet and drying them up is also difficult. After the clothes and other cloths are dried up, I have to iron them and fold them neatly. It is not only difficult but also takes a chunk of my time and it messes up my schedule.

10. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    My least favorite chore is laundry. With two teenagers, it is a never ending battle! There is always a load in the washer and one waiting to go in.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Like some of you I hate cleaning the toilet. I also dislike taking out the garbage too. We don't have a garbage disposal so we got to take out the trash daily and it's my job to do that. Not having a disposal keeps the under sink very clean and I prefer having a clean home.

12. slerie78

slerie78New Member

Threads:
    I agree with laundry as a burden to me. There are some time's I do it manually, and l wouldn't feel my shoulder's after.

13. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    Technically this isn't inside the house but it's still a chore to me. I hate cleaning the car. I try to put it off as much as I can. I usually take it for a wash when it's so muddy you can't tell what color it is lol. The last time I took it, I had to because the darn birds pooped all over it. Don't even get me started on vacuuming. I've got 3 kids so it gets messy in the back seats.

14. NikkiR

NikkiRMember

Threads:
    I loath emptying the dishwasher. I don't know why this one chore irritates me so much. It only takes 5 minutes and you are not touching anything disgusting. It's gotten to the point where my housemates always make sure to do it, since they know that if the dishwasher is empty I will gladly put all the dirty dishes in it. If they leave it full then all the dirty dishes will pile up on the counters because I'm not emptying it.

15. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, there's a lot of people who loathe washing dishes and cleaning bathrooms. I guess I'm a little weird, but I enjoy cleaning the bathroom. I don't mind washing dishes either, but I absolutely can't stand dusting for some reason. When my children were younger, I would hand that job over to them, but now that they're older and have busy schedules, I do the dusting a lot more.

16. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind grocery shopping. I hate ironing so much. I just wish there's a way to avoid that completely. Also cleaning out the refrigerator is such a pain. If only i could hire someone to do these chores for me but my budget would not allow it.

17. Gena

GenaMember

Threads:
    I hate vacuums and so does the dog. It drives me batty. I have an aversion to loud noises though, so that is a thing.

18. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I hate taking out the trash and cleaning the bathroom. I am so tired of cleaning the toilet. I wish my partner would do it once in a while. I also don't like how it all falls on me to make sure that everything is tidy when everyone else makes the mess.

19. TheOptical

TheOpticalNew Member

Threads:
    I honestly HATE cleaning clothes. Theres so much effort and products that go into it. First you have to sort the clothes, then load it into the washing machine, then wait for a sunny day to hang them outside to avoid having to hang them up indoors, which takes longer and leaves a wet puddle on the floor. After all that you gotta collect them all and fold them away. It doesn't end there. When you want to wear something, you have to iron it. Don't get me started on that!

It is a must, but I hate it. With my infinite OCD, making my bed is disliked. There cannot be any creases and it must sit right. But it usually takes me about 5 minutes so it isn't as bad as the cleaning clothes routine.

20. juulicob

juulicobNew Member

Threads:
    The one chore I hate the most is putting the fitted bed sheets back on the beds! I can do everything else with a smile and no complaints but once the sheets come out of the dryer, I just get totally stressed out. I grew up with bunk beds so maybe it's something I grew up with, being frustrated not being able to make my bed with ease. Just my excuse :) Luckily my boyfriend offers to make sure I'll never have to put the fitted sheets on! But I'll always handle the pillow cases because that's just fun.