Free Windows 10 Upgrade.

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by LilAnn • Jun 28, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been using Windows 10 for several months now as well, without any major issues. However there are some quirks about it that I still dislike when compared to previous versions.

My biggest issue thus far is that Windows is now getting *really* aggressive with pushing out updates whether you are ready for them or not. There have been a number of times now where I stepped away from my computer for a moment, to go check the mail or get a cup of coffee, and come back to find out that my computer had rebooted on it's own due to some stupid updates I was never made aware of in advance. Be careful about leaving your computer without saving whatever it is you're working on. In the past they would at least give you a 15 minute or so warning, with the option to postpone the update for up to 4 hours, but now they seem to just push out some updates whether you want them or not.

Also, Windows 10 rearranged some things I commonly used and put them in places that took me forever to find. Where is the Control Panel?? How on earth was I supposed to know that I now have to access it by right clicking on the Start Menu? It used to simply just be in the Start Menu. Windows 10 also has a whole new app for viewing images such as JPEG and GIF, in addition to their previous Windows Picture and Fax Viewer - why do we need a bunch of native apps that all do the same thing and only add more confusion? Plus the new picture viewer is sluggish and takes forever to load up.

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    @ohiotom76@ohiotom76. Those are exactly the same issues that made me revert back to Windows 7. I hope you found your pictures because I didn't. So from your experience thus far on Windows 10, are you going to stick with it?

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently bought a new Windows 8.1 laptop. I had several months to decide if I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10. A couple of weeks ago, my laptop automatically upgraded to Windows 10. I haven't had any problems with Windows 10 besides the random rebooting for updates. I haven't really used any of the apps yet. I mostly work from the desktop.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my God, really? That sounds really irritating and annoying, and how is it knowing to wait until you get up to walk away to force these updates on your computer. There is a reason that windows 10 is free guys - I am telling you. Makes no sense for there not to be a catch, especially when OS are usually hundreds of pounds. Maybe you can change the settings with the force updating to where you have to update manually?

5. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm... I was still waiting for people to thoroughly try win 10 out. There is still time till June, so I can upgrade then. But, I haven't heard anything terrible about it either, so who knows, maybe today is the day I'll upgrade to win 10.

6. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I would take advantage of the time you have before June comes around and you discover that W10 is not for you. This gives you ample time to navigate and become familiar with W10. It wasn't for me so I reverted back to W7.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    I keep hearing little things about the way that Windows 10 operates that I am not at all fond of. They are not big things, but all of the little things add up to create the entire experience, you know? Plus, I am very suspicious about why they are pushing do hard for everyone to install it at NO charge at all. There is definitely a catch.

8. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the catch is that they want unseen backdoors into everyone's computers via Windows 10. They bugged Win 7 a little, then they bugged Win 8 a lot and even made sure that people couldn't stop certain updates but it was a bad OS, and now they have launched Win 10 which is heavily bugged, has a lot of backdoors and now you really can't stop data from being shared because all license agreements contain clauses that legally let them take your data and do what they like with it. What choice do we have? You can go to Linux, but then that's not the best solution because Linux OSs are still not as robust as Windows or Mac OS x.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    I go to a spiritualist circle ever two weeks, and one of the guys who claims to have been in communication with his guides more or less said everything that your above posts just said. Obviously there is a reason why they want all of our data, and most people think that it is to make money with it. But it goes deeper than that. there is a reason why they keep tabs and are so desperate to do so that goes beyond money.

10. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely. If it was about making money, they would have done what a lot of ad companies and apps have done - pay users who willingly share relevant data. Besides, only data that is willingly given can tell you what people like or do not like about a certain product or service. But, saving all of the data about someone is obviously something really suspicious.

11. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I have to say that this is a pretty good deal to jump on. I feel like with every Windows version I hear a lot of complaints to go along with it, but I have not heard any surrounding Windows 10. I have not really heard anything great, so take it for what it is worth. You do not usually see this though, so if I was looking for an upgrade this is certainly good news.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    Seriously? They want everyone to think that this is a good deal because it is free, and it is a whole entire operating system - the latest one - for free. But there has to be a catch somewhere. When have we ever known a company as big as as money driven as them to release the latest operating system for free? Not only have the released it for free, but they seem to be pestering those who have not yet upgraded into upgrading. Something doesn't feel right.

13. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not happy at all about Windows 10 because I am on a meterd data plan and Win 10 uses a lot more bandwidth. Plus they are tyring to force everyone to adopt it as a recommended update. THis will eat up my data. There are things you can do to prevent it from coming on the system and this is what I am going to have to do!

14. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I just updated to Windows 10. And I was out on the highway on a metered connection which it used up in about 10 minutes :p Anyways, now I have plugged all the holes. Read this if you want to do the same:

It really helped me.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    I know right? It is weird because when you talk to the average Joe about this, there is no suspicion in them and there is no critical thinking going on. They are usually just very happy to have been able to get the latest and newest OS for free. They don't pay attention to how suspicious the way that it is being done feels. Nothing like that.