Kroger E-coupons

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Diane Lane • Jan 6, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've noticed more and more that although some items are more expensive at Kroger, the ones that are less expensive balance it out, so the total cost is about the same as what I would have spent at Walmart or another lower price grocery store.

The other day, I decided to try doing the majority of my grocery shopping at Kroger, since I didn't feel like driving about twice as far, to get to Walmart. Before I went, I made sure to log onto the Kroger website and load the e-coupons for the products I'd be buying onto my Kroger customer loyalty card. If I see anything I want/need, whether or not I'm sure I'll buy it, I load it to the card, because if I don't use it, it will simply expire eventually.

I bought most of what I'll need for two weeks to a month, and ultimately saved 13% off my total bill by using the e-coupons. I like that it told me that on the receipt, and additionally, I saved big on 2 different types (same brand) of cat litter, which were on sale to begin with, plus I got a printed out coupon from the manufacturer, for $3 off my next grocery bill.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, I think Kroger is a really good store. The last time I went there, I got a free candy bar and two loaves of bread for 1.50 by using e coupons. The problem is, I can't go there too often, as it is 45 minutes away, but it is right across from my credit union so I go there when I go to that establishment. They have upgraded their game too because there are like 5 or 6 grocery stores in the same area and they are all competing for your dollar.

3. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Yes, I always try to remember to log on each Friday to upload the Friday Freebie. I got the new Hershey's Christmas Kisses that were similar to the Ferrero Rocher crunchy candy, and got a really nice loaf of bread free this week. I've also gotten free cat treats in the past, which my kitties really appreciate. I always make sure to fill out the register receipt feedback surveys, as well, because they seem to be responsive to suggestions I make. I'm also hopeful that one of these days I'll actually win the sweepstakes, which would be great!

4. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    They have amazing deals with their e-coupons, and I'd like to point out that for the next week (starting today) they have a free coupon every day that you can load to your card.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I usually do most of my shopping at Kroger. I have loaded coupons to my card before but for some reason they don't seem to work. I keep forgetting to find out why they don't get used. I really need to find out since I need all the savings I can get. I have been printing out a lot of coupons lately and some times I almost feel like an extreme couponer when I have more than 10 coupons. But the last time I did this between the sale prices and my coupons I was able to save more than $60. Plus, I also use Ibotta, Checkout 51, Saving Star, Find & Save, and Shopkick so I get more back from those too. Cha-Ching

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always do the free Friday downloads, too. the only problem that I have with that is that when I actually go to the store, I am not sure which item is the right one. there was one recently for the Uncle Ben's flavored rice; and I got the one that I thought was the right kind; but the checker said that wasn't the one.
    They used to put them out right by the checkout counters , and then I could just go and get them each week; but since they no longer do that, it is kind of a hit and miss thing with me.
    I try to remember to do the surveys, too; and am also hoping that I might win something. I don't know if they actually listen to what I write or not; but I guess it does make me feel better to at least tell them what I think.
    I try to download any of the coupons that I think I might possibly use, too. Even when it is not something that I usually buy, if I see it on their close out shelf, then I might buy it, and then I would also get the coupon discount. Like you mentioned, @Diane Lane@Diane Lane , if we do not use them it just expires anyway.

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    That's exactly what i do. If it seems remotely possible that I'll need or want it, I upload the coupon. They often last a couple of months, so you never know. There's a way to print all of your coupons. I'd like a way to print selective coupons. I will have to see if I can find a way to suggest that to them. I didn't check my receipt, but I'm pretty sure i got the right one of the Uncle Ben's rices. I saw quite a few, too, so like you, I was a little confused, but I think I did get the right one. I try not to print much anyway, and don't use a ton of the coupons each time I go, so I cross reference what I will be buying with the coupons before I leave, and write it down. I've learned to make detailed notes, since as you said, it's confusing and there are sometimes quite a few varieties of the same product.

8. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go to Kroger often enough to download coupons every Friday, but I always make sure I check the site if I am planning on a visit. I actually was in another city recently which has a Kroger, and I thought about stopping, but I really wanted to go to Trader Joe's as I hadn't been in one for quite some time, and I didn't have time to do both.

9. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I love the ability to load the coupons right onto my Kroger card because I have never been successful at coupon clipping and managing coupons while doing the actual shopping. Coincidentally, just yesterday I received a packet of Kroger Best Customer Bonus coupons in the mail. I was pleasantly surprised that they were actually coupons for items that I buy all the time, so completely worth my while.

10. Diane Lane

Threads:
    @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon If you have a loyalty card, you should receive an email on Friday telling you what that day's Freebie is. All you have to do is click and upload it to your card, log off and go on your way. Often, the Freebies will remain on your card for two weeks or so, so if you're near Kroger before it expires, you can pick up the freebie. I don't always peruse all of the coupons offered, but I do when I'm going to make a major shopping trip. If I'm just running in for an item or two, I usually know which ones I need, and whether or not there are any e-coupons available.

Wow, I've never received the Best Customer Bonus coupons in the mail. I've received them online, they're usually at the bottom of the list of e-coupons, and are always for things I've purchased repeatedly, so I of course add them to my card. I'd like to get some actual coupons from them in the mail, but I guess it doesn't matter whether they're actual or virtual coupons, as long as I get them.