Money Saving Tips On Groceries Online

Discussion in Online Shopping started by tasha • Feb 5, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Eat before you shop so put on he computer and then get yourself something to eat before you decide to shop for groceries.
    Take your time and look at the specials that are offered but also remember that sometimes the specials are not specials and you have to look before you order.
    Has anyone saved money buy shopping online?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won't say I've saved money, but I do get to buy stuff I normally wouldn't be able to buy at the same price at offline stores. There are a lot of cool designs and cheaper products online. Perhaps I was able to save more but I bought most of them on a whim so maybe not. As far as gadgets are concerned, I can definitely save a lot if I buy online.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You really have to do your research first before you shop, since not all online stores offer cheaper prices than offline stores. Sometimes they may be cheaper, but the discount gets offset by the shipping fees.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only substantial savings I had from purchasing in online stores is the garden hose (the first one because the second one was faulty). It was on sale at 70% discount so the discount is greater than the price. We decided to buy it at that cheap price and fortunately it is still working until now, that's after more than 2 years after the purchase. I am actually planning another garden hose of the same type.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are buying more and more of our shopping items online, especially from Amazon. We have Amazon Prime, so there is no shipping charges, and jut that in itself saves a whole lot of money per item.
    Many times you can find much better prices online, and Amazon also carries used/refurbished items for some products.
    We recently bought a coffee brewer, and the regular price was around $60; but there was a refurbished one for $27, which was lass than half price. Most items tat have been refurbished have been completely gone through when they were being repaired, so they usually work just like new ones, and can save you a lot of money.
    You can't go to your local Walmart and buy refurbished items , so this is a bargain that can usually only be found online.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy on Amazon alot. I know I have gotten some good deals on there, and they are especially good if you factor in the free shipping. I htink it is a quality place to shop, and one I would recommend to most people. You can sometimes get coupons or promo codes or use ebates for Amazon, and that helps as well to keep the cost down.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard of Ebates; but I really do not know what that is. I guess that I need to check it out and see if it is something that would work for me.
    I have been getting the coupon discounts for trying some products and then writing a review of how well I liked that product, and they have some really good deals for doing that.
    The main issue with that is that the discount is only offered for certain items; so it is not like shopping for a particular item and then being able to get an extra discount. However, Amazon has the deal for the day items, and there are sometimes deep discounts on products to be found there.
    I always check Amazon and EBay , and you can usually find a good discount on the product you want in one place or the other.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never tried buying groceries online because it takes about a week to get the stuff I've bought online.

For those who buy their groceries online, here are some ways you can save money:

- Buy from stores that offer free shipping or only buy when you can take advantage of free shipping offers.

- Some stores have weekly sales. If you buy your groceries at that time, you'll save some money.

The best thing about buying groceries online is the fact that you won't be making any impulse purchase if you are shopping with a list that is.

9. TheNapier

TheNapierNew Member

Threads:
    One of the best shopping tips I ever found was in the old Tightwad Gazette: create a price book (or these days, a price log on your phone) of all the items you normally buy. Go to each store you're willing to use, figure out who has what cheapest when and write it all down. Then, buy in bulk/as much at one time as possible.
    This isn't quite as necessary online as it is IRL, but having a pricebook to compare back to local stores could indeed be very useful!

10. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    It is definitely a great idea to eat before you shop, no matter whether you're buying your food online or instore, because you will always see more food that you like the look of if you are shopping while you're hungry. It has been proven time and time again that this is the case, so simply by ordering your food after your dinner rather than before, it can help you to save a lot of money.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I agree with that tip, food defintely looks alot better when you are hungry. Also, just taking a few minutes to get your coupons in order is a good idea. I just think that people need to look at all the alternatives when they go shopping in a store and money is involved. Play it safe and shop smart, and save money that way.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @TheNapier, I can certainly see that working! I do something along those lines anyway, either via some price comparison sites or just manually by going between sites and comparing prices. The stuff I usually buy online are clothes and cosmetics, and yes I do save a lot of money. Sometimes i'll even go one further, and search and compare prices both on the high street and online. I almost always find I can save so much shopping online. It takes a bit of effort and time, but it's sure worth it :)

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I was saying in another thread, I would love to shop online for groceries more, as I often cannot get to the supermarket myself. I don't have a car and I do not drive. But if I was to start to shop online for groceries more often, I am sure that I would be frequenting coupon code websites more often, and save on the bill that way.

14. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I love online shopping but it can be expensive and dangerous when you get the customs and tax prices after you have bought the item. It does seem cheaper until customs comes into play