Do You Review The Products You Buy?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by beasleym1989 • Mar 2, 2016.

1. Leah

LeahNew Member

Threads:
    I tend to only write a review if I get an email reminder because I usually forget to do it. I like to write completely honest reviews whether I like the product or not. If there was a problem with the delivery but the seller sorted it out with good customer service I'll also mention that. I like to write about what I would like to see if I was searching for customer reviews and if I can help it, I won't miss anything out - The good, the bad & the ugly :D

2. coder

coderNew Member

Threads:
    Right @Leah@Leah,
    That same happens with me also. I forget to review the product and start using it unless we have been asked to review it through mail. But I think we should use the product and then review it honestly so that it will helpful for other buyers to judge weather the product is good for them or not.

3. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    Rarely.

It's usually only when I hold an extreme opinion, one way or another. If I think the product is terrible OR if I think it has phenomenal value, then I'll write something. Other cases might be if I think it's an underdog product or the seller. More recently I wrote a review for a gaming mouse after my original one broke and the manufacturer shipped me a new one immediately for free, no real hassles or anything.

4. CaptainOblivious

CaptainObliviousMember

Threads:
    I like to review things that stood out for me, whether positively or negatively. Either way I think the manufacturer and other people buying the product deserve to know. Especially since I give reviews a lot of attention whenever I am buying something.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Points? Now this is the first time that I am hearing anything about being rewarded in points to review. Is this a feature on most retailer websites, or just on the more popular ones such as Amazon? As far as I am aware you don't get any points for reviewing or leaving feedback on sites like ebay.

6. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to review more often if the product or service I bought is good quality than bad ever since I was blocked from a site when I posted a negative review of something. This was some time ago though and I don't even remember the site it was I posted the negative review on, but it has made me very wary of posting anything negative about a product. I've noticed negative product reviews seem to disappear often as well rather than being left for people to see.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My usual haunt in online is the hotel accommodation and resorts for vacations. I always check for the reviews because even if they are not confirmed to be true but at least it is some sort of basis. With the pet products that I regularly buy, I had checked the review of the anti-tick soap before I tried it. Fortunately, that product turned to be true to the review so now I am a regular customer.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have found that it is much more the opposite for me. If I am satisfied with the product that I have purchased, ten I am not likely to go back and say anything in a review unless there is some sort of exception. If I am not satisfied then I feel like others need to be warned, so I leave reviews then, which isn't necessarily fair.

9. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that's true of a lot of people. I think we tend to kind of take it for granted when something is good, but we are quicker to voice a complaint when something isn't right. I do feel that it is important to warn others, to keep them from getting taken (although I also don't like the idea of whatever company getting away with scams and rip offs).

I do however vary when it comes to something exceptional. When a company offers a great deal, especially when they also have great service, I like to toot their horn. I want others to know about it, so they can get the good deals, but also because I want the company to thrive so I can keep buying from them.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    Definitely. I wish that wasn't the case, because when something performs well then it should be stated int he reviews so that other potential buyers know it. I just don't have the time sometimes though, or I cannot be bothered, as I have other things that I would rather be doing. I feel like it is my duty to warn others away if a product sucks though, which is not fair to the product or the company behind them. But that is just the way it is.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kmart will sometimes email me ,offering me Shop Your Way rewards points if I review a product I recently bought. Since those points can be spent like money, I usually take a moment to write a review.

12. surlaw

surlawMember

Threads:
    I review almost everything that I purchase online! The only time I don't review products is if I'm purchasing detergents or other toiletries. The rule of thumb for me is this: Did I check the reviews before I bought the item? If so, I'll leave a review. If not, I won't waste my time on it. I don't want to write a boring and pointless review, anyways -- reviews are meant to help people, after all. Not bore them to death :)

13. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I will review products that I buy on Amazon if they are really great and I want to help out the business owner. I recently bought a very pretty personalized cutting board on Amazon and I had it lasercut. It was so beautiful that I went out of my way and five starred it as soon as I got it.

14. coalie

coalieNew Member

Threads:
    Only sometimes, and I admit I'm slow to do it. For example, I still have to write the review for the USB video camera I purchased three months ago, (so thanks for reminding me, beasleym). Frankly I can't be bothered to write a review, because I don't trust pseudo-anonymous customer reviews on the Internet, since anyone can write this stuff, so rarely read them and assume most people don't either. I sometimes make exceptions when it's an expensive item, or it turned out extraordinaly good (or bad).

15. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to go through periods where I do and then periods where I don't, but in the cases where a product really moves me big one way or the other I will try to alert others. Of course I always hope that it is a positive review but in some cases it does have to be a negative. I figure it is part of the idea...I rely on others so I should contribute too.

16. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do sometimes, especially if I really like or dislike a product. Of course, Amazon always likes you to review the products you buy. I find in most cases, I agree with what is already written about the product. I don't have too much to add. I agree they can be really helpful though, and I always read them before I purchase an item.

17. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhyaMember

Threads:
    Most of the times I get Emails from Amazon regarding someone's question for the item I just bought. In that case, I really try to help the buyer with what he wants me to know. I do use the review section quite a lot if I have really liked the product. If I don't like it I prefer giving it a Bad rating rather than writing a whole story. If I don't like the product, why waste more time on it regretting about something I should never have bought in the first place. But I do agree that honest Reviews help out a lot of people decide whether to buy an item or not.

18. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I am one of those people who usually only gives a bad review. If I'm happy with the product, I won't really bother unless I can just give it a rating out of five stars. However, if I am disappointed with the product and it is not what I expected then I go full rant mode and warn others so they stay far away from it. I realize that giving good reviews also helps people who are hesitant about buying it make up their minds, but in my opinion it's just so much easier to write a bad review than good one. Plus I'm usually too happy enjoying my product to take the time to review it even if it's good.

19. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Normally, I rarely leave a written review. I mostly present oral reviews to those I come across in oral conversations about the product. I will aspire to leave a positive review for others in the same way I have benefitted from others who have reviewed products I have benefitted from.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't even go back and give them a five star rating. I recently ordered something from Ebay, and then later ordered the same product for a member of my family, and some of the parts that my sister received were different. I thought they were trying to scam us, so I emailed them and let them know about the issue, and they let me know that the product had been upgraded, and that was why they were different but they would still send out the older parts for that family member, which they did. I should have rated them and given them a good review for their accommodating attitude, but I didn't :/