Best Super-moisturizing Conditioners For Curly Hair?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by krystalvandross • May 17, 2016.

1. krystalvandross

krystalvandrossNew Member

Threads:
    Anyone have any great recs for super hydrating conditioners for curly and/or kinky hair? It's hard to keep these curly locks quenched!

2. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    I have very dry hair that is naturally wavy and causes me a lot of grief sometimes! I've found a routine that works for me most of the time though and is relatively simple.

First of all, washing too often can be really drying, I try to only wash my hair every few days (the frequency can change depending on if I did a lot of 'dirty' or sweaty activities), really I try to get my hair wet as little as possible. When I do wash it I use something really gentle, lately I've been using Dove shampoo & conditioner in one. Then afterwards, I apply a leave-in conditioner. I'm using one called "Healthy Sexy Hair" I really like right now. I also use a little Argan Oil as a defrizzer, but coconut oil or almond oil are also great.

And.... I'm interested to hear what other people are using because this routine does still leave me a little dry sometimes depending on the weather!

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hi! I also have wavy/curly hair and it's definitely hard to get them in place. I got a mixture of different types of curls as well which can be frustrating. Here are some of the best conditioners I've tried for my hair type:
    • TRESemme Flawless Curls Moisturising Conditioner. This one is specifically for curly or wavy hair which means it can actually help manage our hair woes. Yay! And this is also very cheap, about $5 for a huge bottle. It can last for a long time for me since I have shoulder length hair.
    • Garnier Fructis Fortifying Conditioner. This one is more for damaged hair but it gets the job of moisturising my wavy hair done. The smell isn't that amazing though, at least for me.
    • Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturising Conditioner. I love the smell of this one although it doesn't last all day. But when it comes to hydrating my hair, it gets the job done. It has coconut in the ingredients which probably helps with hydrating the hair.
    • VO5 Moisture Milks Moisturising Conditioner. The cheapest of the bunch, costs less than a dollar but leaves your hair smooth and silky.
    I hope this helps!

4. krystalvandross

krystalvandrossNew Member

Threads:
    Oh I'm definitely going to try the Tresemme one! I love huge bottles of conditioner for cheap and I love that this one is specifically for curls, so, fingers crossed! Think I'll get that Garnier one as well. The word "fortifying" makes me think it'll work.

5. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I love Herbal Essence and Garnier products and it doesn't hurt that they are very affordable too. When my budget can't work in Miss Jessie's products, I usually go with them.

Taliah Waajid products are great too and I find it pretty affordable too.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I likewise have curly hair and it's difficult to tame it without conditioner or oil. I actually use a variety of items to keep my unruly hair in place. My go-to products are Pantene, Dove or Cream Silk conditioner, mineral oil of any brand (preferably perfumed or neutral scent so that it doesn't leave a strong odor), hair leave-on like Vitress or Tresemme and egg shampoo. In the past, my mom would place real coconut milk on my hair, let it stay for half an hour or more and then rinse it with shampoo. A hair lotion can be a great addition too.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My hair is also dry and curly, I use Pantene and Dove conditioner to keep my hair looking healthy.

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I've tried pretty much all of them at some point. From the cheapest of baby shampoo and conditioner (for its mildness) to the pricey hair products offered in salons. The single best thing I've found so far, which I really found by accident, is shampoo that contains aloe.

I get dry skin, so it makes sense that my scalp and hair also get dry. I found some Head and Shoulders dry scalp with aloe on sale real cheap, so I thought, "why not?" My hair is in better condition than it was when I was using a separate conditioner, even better than with humectant.

I recently had my hair cut, and the stylist was like, "Oh my goodness, you're hair is in such good condition, especially for naturally curly hair." So, I'm sold on the shampoo with aloe now.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know of any known name brand conditioners that are good for curly, hair but I have been taught to add 100% pure coconut oil in with the conditioner that you are already using, or with the shampoo. Or you can use the 100% coconut oil as a styling agent. But I know it is great for curly hair, and you can buy the big jars for not that much money.

10. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92New Member

Threads:
    I have naturally curly hair and I am also a product junkie. I have a list of top moisturizing conditioners that was created through real life trial and error. My list of conditioners are:

Garnier Fruitis whole blends- I recently purchased the Avocado oil and Shea Butter conditioner and it is awesome. I believe they have 6 different whole blends and they only cost $2.99 for a nice size bottle.

Shea Moisture- This is my all time favorite. It is a bit more pricey than the whole blends but it is worth every dollar. I usually gravitate towards the Coconut and Hibiscus line but they are all great. I think this will run you between $8 and $12.

VO5 Moisture Milks- For only $1 you get heaven in a bottle. If you have dry hair you should stay away from shampoos as much as you can. I Co wash every other day and I use my VO5 passion fruit conditioner to do so.

11. animos

animosNew Member

Threads:
    I like using coconut oil as a deep conditioner. I'll heat and mix with my regular conditioner and a bit of honey and slather on wet hair. I'll wrap my head up over night and rinse out in the morning. My hair always feels so moisturized in the morning and my curls look amazing. I do this about once a week and it's a lot cheaper than buying a deep conditioner.

12. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    Have you tried Home Diy hair conditioner ? I use Egg yolks.
    Here is a copy paste for you

The yolk, rich in fats and proteins, is naturally moisturizing, while the white, which contains bacteria-eating enzymes, removes unwanted oils, she explains.

To Use: For normal hair, use the entire egg to condition hair; use egg whites only to treat oily hair; use egg yolks only to moisturize dry, brittle hair, Cox says. Use 1/2 cup of whichever egg mixture is appropriate for you and apply to clean, damp hair. If there isn't enough egg to coat scalp and hair, use more as needed. Leave on for 20 minutes, rinse with cool water (to prevent egg from "cooking") and shampoo hair. Whole egg and yolks-only treatments can be applied once a month; whites-only treatment can be applied every two weeks.

I hope it helps

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This information is great, because a lot of people will hear about using coconut oil for hair, and go out and buy a massive jar - but not really know how to use it best for their type and texture of hair. I think I might try to do what you do. I have heard that honey takes the the hair of some like a luxurious dream. Do you use any specific honey?

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have wavy hair, but it's not that much of a nuisance to me, so I don't really make it a point to use conditioner. But you might want to check this link out for recommendations:

15. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    Touch of water and coconut oil will do all ya need. Grab a tiny dab, apply to top of hair, run through with fingers. Does not take much to get the hang of it, better to do small amounts regularly than 1 big dose irregularly, I've learned. I have very curly long hair.

16. animos

animosNew Member

Threads:
    I love naturallycurly.com! I used to have wavy, frizzy hair that I never knew what to do with but that site taught me so much of how to care for my hair. I now have some pretty good curls and check that site often for their articles and reviews on new products and hair care tips.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @animos@animos, I see. If you want to straighten your hair, then you can also try having it rebonded rather than trying to maintain it in it's curly state.

18. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    As a curly girl, I know it can be pretty hard to find a shampoo/conditioner that really works for your specific hair type, but I have a few favorites:
    1. The Moroccan Oil (as in the brand) hydrating conditioner/shampoo. I love this stuff so much! Despite the fact that it can be a bit pricey, I still really recommend it to anyone (especially people with curly, dry, or damaged hair). I prefer the conditioner over the shampoo, mainly because any and all shampoos seem to dry out my hair, even if that is not the intention, so I suggest using the shampoo sparingly.
    2. The Suave almond and shea butter shampoo/conditioner. This set does wonders for my hair, and I love it even more because it is so affordable! I definitely suggest the conditioner because the bottle is quite large, so you won't run out of the product in a couple of weeks.