Expired Deals With No Notification

Discussion in Expired Deals started by remnant • May 17, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Some deals do not have a sell by date. Typically, such deals are too good to be true. The troubling and highly inconveniencing issue is that people continue to sign up to qualify and some actions are required in order to qualify such as those found in cost per lead sites like filling surveys. Sometimes one is required to make a purchase in order to be reimbursed a hefty discount which never happens. Have you ever fallen victim to such deals?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean a deal with a coupon code that doesn't work because it has expired, one must realize in the small print the company can reject any coupon for no reason, and halt them without notice. Obviously it is better to honor them, but they don't have to.

I've not seen anywhere that you have to fill out a survey to get a deal or coupon, and if I did I wouldn't do it anyhow.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I know what you are talking about I have seen many examples of this. They offer you a reward. However to get the reward you have to sign-up and pay for a good or service in order to be rewarded. Sometimes you have to pay by credit card which will deduct a monthly subscription from your account as a requirement. I don't believe in these arrangements so I usually stay away from them.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OMG @explorerx7@explorerx7 .....that sounds horrible! I've seen those types of offers in passing, but have only ever given them a cursory glance. I've never really tried to understand how they're meant to work. It all just seems like a very long winded way of getting a reward, and a waste of time. So i too have always given them a wide berth. Too weird for me.

5. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I always hate hearing the words qualify for and all of that jargon when it comes to my deals and my coupons, because all of those strings seems to clog it all up and make things difficult when they should just be easy. I just naturally assume at this point that they are trying to pull a fast one a take advantage of me somehow. That might just be me being cynical, but it is what it is I guess.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I don't just like going for deals when the conditions looked too high. I always suspect in most deals there could be a hidden agenda in favour of the site offering it. I think it's fraudulent to make customers go for deals which cannot be satisfied

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a recent run in with Birchbox (along with thousands of others) who offered a free gift with all purchases on their anniversary. Although they did say it was while stocks last in a video clip (not on the actual checkout page) they didn't honor the gift and it was included on the invoice for thousands of people. Later they claimed the offer had expired and they had withdrawn the offer, but they hadn't as people posted screenshots of their invoice with the time and the gift included.

They should have posted on the actual website at the time that the offer had expired, instead of pretending it hadn't thus lulling people into buying under false pretenses.