$10 Android Phone?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by AB91000 • Apr 3, 2014.

1. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    This is for anyone looking for a cheap Android cell phone. Target is selling the Kyocera Hydro waterproof for $10! The phone is serviced by Boost Mobile. This is a great deal if you are on a budget, and you do not mind switching to Boost Mobile.

I bought one for myself. At the price of $10 it was a steal. I am extremely happy with my purchase.

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    What are the specs on this phone. I am wondering why it is so cheap and if it can actually handle anything more than calls or it is just one of those phones that you just have with you if you just want an extra line.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    That is so less money for a phone. What exactly does this phone have in terms of specs. I can wait to hear about it. I hope it will not break down after only a few days of using it. The price only just scares a person in to buying it. I can not use it until I read a few reviews.

4. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I looked up the phone, and it's not terrible, as you would expect for that sort of price.
    Why is the price so low, does it come with a high monthly payment plan or something?

5. AB9100

AB9100Member

Threads:
    These are the phones specs.

Service Provider: BOOST Mobile
    Phone Type: Smartphone
    Calling Features: 2-Line Conference Call, 4-Line Conference Call, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Phonebook
    Telecommunication Features: Caller ID, Downloadable Games, Changeable Faceplate, Backlit Keypad, Alarm Clock, Customizable Ringtones, Calendar, Calculator
    Display Features: Call Timer, Date and Time, Graphics, Digital Display, Color Display, Missed Call Indicator, Clock, Battery Level Indicator
    Talk Time: Up to 7 hours
    Standby Time: Up to 300 hours
    Screen Size: 2.6 "
    Built-In Digital Camera: Yes
    Megapixels: 3.2 Megapixels
    Video Calling Capability: Wi-Fi Only
    Video Resolution: 720 x 480
    GPS Enabled: Yes
    Built-In Memory Storage Capacity: 1.5GB
    Wired Connectivity: USB, Wireless
    Wireless Technology: CDMA
    File Formats Supported: MP3
    Input Method: Touchscreen, Virtual QWERTY Keyboard
    Battery Cell Type: Lithium-ion
    Includes: User Manual, Battery Charger
    Not Included: Data Plan, Service Plan
    Battery no battery used
    Assembly Details: adult assembly required

However. The sale has ended. It is now $59.99 at Target. $39.99 at Walmart, Radioshack.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    For a $10 phone its a relatively good, I mean the specs are okay, but still, its a $10 phone, they wouldn't sell a phone like that if it is worth more than $10. Maybe I'm judging early on, but my $500 iPhone broke after nearly 3 years of intensive use, so I don't think a $10 phone would be that much reliable on the durability side.

7. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I took a look at it. Unfortunately the offer has already expired which sucks, because that looks like a pretty good deal for a phone like that. Even if it's low level, it's easily worth at least twice the amount they're selling it for and someone could probably resell it for a bit of profit. Good to see you got one though, and I'll be waiting for another deal like this.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Wow, nice find!

As mentioned above, the deal has expired at this point, but i's worth keeping an eye out for a new one for anyone who would love to get this phone. $40 for a phone still isn't bad, though, if you can't find it on sale.