10 Dollar Mall Anyone?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by streakanime • May 5, 2014.

1. streakanime

streakanimeMember

Threads:
    One of my friends linked me to a store called the 10 Dollar Mall a few months ago. I've yet to buy anything because we have not had any extra money to spend on clothing. But, I was curious if anyone in this community has heard of it or maybe made a purchase from them before.

The prices seem great and the clothing is adorable. Hate the anxiety of purchasing somewhere new online though.

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to check it out -- thanks! Have you looked up any reviews or anything? That can sometimes clue you in about whether or not a site is legit.

3. streakanime

streakanimeMember

Threads:
    I've read a lot of positive feedback. And they have an affiliate/referral program. I would like to think these would both be hard things for them to have if they were not that great of a company. The prices are fantastic. Especially on the children's clothing!

4. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds a like a good online store. I'm guessing the prices of their products are all 10 dollar each? I have a baby girl and buying new clothes from the shops around my place is really expensive. If they also have referral and affiliate program then I don't mind to try and spend 10 dollars to see how good they are. I'm blogging and I'm currently trying a lot of websites for my reviews collection too.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds similar to another chain of clothing stores that was around briefly, Steve & Barry's. All their clothing was dirt cheap. They sort of looked like an Old Navy type store inside, and the merchandise was decent, but it did not hold up well at all to being washed. They even had coats and jeans and other typically more expensive stuff for like $10-$15 each. They had a huge selection of printed T-Shirts with with everything imaginable from sports logos to funny sayings, all for like $5 each. I think they only lasted about a year or so, though, before the whole company went bankrupt.

Personally I prefer to go after end of season sales, at the very end when they are getting rid of the stuff for next to nothing. I do this all the time at Dillards, and stock up for the following year. I've gotten Roundtree & Yorke shirts (their store brand) that normally sold for around $50, for like $7 or sometimes even less. Plus they are very high quality, so they hold up to being washed.

Even places like Gabriel Brothers, I can find Levi's jeans and Dockers pants for under $15. Can't beat that!

6. epiczail

epiczailBanned

Threads:
    Man I remember that store. If I'm correct Stephon Marbury started that store?

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, I was looking at reviews on SiteJabber and they're pretty mixed. Half of the people says it's great and the other half says it's awful. I've heard the name before, and a lot of plus size gals have said that it's a good site because of good selection and amazing prices. I have yet to try it myself, but it looks to be a pretty decent site.

8. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of it but I will check it out. I do like that they have referral and affiliate links. Maybe I could put that to use!

9. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    I shop there all the time. they have very good clothing and some good shoes for $10.00 and under. I shop for the whole family. I just bought some boots for my little girls. My 11 year old is hard on shoes and one pair of shoes that I bought did not hold up very long for her. I think she had them for about 3 weeks before she had messed them up so bad that she couldn't wear them any more. My 8 year old still have all of her shoes that she got from that store. Sometimes you get in-perfected items or items that were broken like some of the jewelry, but you could return them by printing out a return form from their website or requesting one. I have never returned anything because the items are so cheap it didn't seem logical to send one or two items back at a time, but after I have collected maybe 3-4 items, I may send them back for a refund.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been on the website and it seems to be ok. The clothes on there are $10 or less, if you look in the clearance section. What we have to bear in mind is that you always get what you pay for. So on that basis, I'm guessing the quality will match the price. I'm just pointing this out as some of the reviews I found are scathing. Sometimes as customers we fail to apply some logic; if an item of clothing is $10 or less and it's not been marked down, it's not likely to be of the highest quality.