101 Free Things to do in NYC

Discussion in Travel started by Kaybee517 • Dec 3, 2012.

1. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I stumbled upon this

looking for something to do in the City. I figured I'd share. It's a list of 101 Free (or Cheap) things to do in NYC throughout the year. I hope it helps someone discover all that the city has to offer. Just because it's a recession doesn't mean you can' t still have a good time. Enjoy.

2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that is amazing! I doubt that New York residents know there are so many things they can do for free in the city. I've often heard there was next to nothing you could do that was free other than the occasional concert in the park or museum visit. I don't see a link though. Am I missing something?

3. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    Hi there, ChanellG! The URL to the website was linked to the word "site" in the first sentence of the first post above. Here's the full URL:

Hope that helps. :D

Thanks Kaybee517 for sharing the website. I'll print out this list the next time I make plans to visit New York on a budget. I always end up spending way too much especially on tickets to Broadway shows. Maybe I can skip the shows next time, and focus on the other fun, free attractions NYC has to offer.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Cool! I'm going to visit next summer. I have read tons of cheap lists on Time Out New York, but haven't heard of this site before. I am going to have to cross off a few of these items when I get there. I'll have this list and my cheat eats list in hand. I'm hoping to spend under $300 when there so every little bit helps.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Nice list! I am not sure if I will ever get to travel to NYC but I do hope to someday. The list is a good place to get ideas of things that you can do in any large city so I think it is helpful to anyone that plans on visiting one or happens to live near one. Thanks for the share.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, yeah, that's a pretty good list although some of it is repetitive. But yeah, New York is absolutely chock full of free and low cost things to do. Also, I don't think it mentioned the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, which is also free to go and see during the Christmas season. Also, it's free to go to Times Square and watch the ball drop if you're into that kind of thing.

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love New York! One of the things I loved when I was there was their food especially their cheap but really tasty cheap street foods! I love the people and the culture there. I would definitely go back soon. Thanks for sharing this!

8. gabstaff

gabstaffMember

Threads:
    I have been to NYC several times, but I want to take my wife. This is an excellent list, thank you so much for this. I have it bookmarked for when we are able to travel within the next year.

9. Traveller

TravellerMember

Threads:
    this is awesome, i'll tell all of my friends about it. If they ever be there they should have fun

10. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for this list! I keep on asking hubby to take me to NY someday but he always tells me that I have nothing to do there but shop! I would show him this list so he would know I don't just intend to shop when we go there! :D

11. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    The given information in your post is really very good. Good information and very good job done by you guys.