My cousin has cancer

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by hanzuke50 • Apr 22, 2012.

1. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    I need tips on how to help her deal with it. I don't really know how to deal with these types of situations. I'm always trying to keep her cheered up but lately she has gotten real moody with chemo and all. They say she might have to go through surgery but I really hope it doesn't escalate to that.

2. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Try the Soursop fruit. I just read an article today and I was surprised how a fruit which we in our garden could cure almost any type of cancer. It is also better than a chemotherapy which kill healthy cells because this fruit only kills cancer cells and has no side effects. Visit the link and you'll see the testimonials of those who have tried it.

I hope your cousin will get well soon.

3. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    My little brother had luekemia. It was an awful experience. He was a tough kid. When we first found out he was sick, he went through a lot of bad stuff that first year and a half. I could understand why your cousin is moody. Their scared and afraid they won't be able to make it. My brother went into remission after a year and a half. He was in a hospital bed all the time. He had to take physical therapy to walk again. He ended up doing really well and was doing all the things a normal kid does. He always had to have his blood count checked. The cancer came back and he got put on the list for a donor. He told me one day when we were talking about it that he felt like he fought for nothing. It made me cry. He was scared, he was only 14. I couldn't imagine how he felt knowing and going through what he had to. He was very brave. He kept on. He knew that he had his family. I think you should just make sure your cousin know's that you are there. Keep in touch with them and let them know that you care. I hope everything works out for your cousin. Hopefully one day there can be a cure for cancer.

#3May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  4. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    This looks like an interesting article. My dad has lung cancer, so I might be looking further into this later on... thanks for posting this.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Just be there for your cousin. A bit like you already are. Just help her see that her diet can really help her. There is a website called greenmedinfo.com...that gives a lot of research results. Great information there. I also heard that juicing, raw foods etc helps. Also, yoga and meditation.

There are also some good documentaries on sprword.org.

Never stop believing and yeah, I heard that the smell of rosemary really helps with the nausea from chemo.

6. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    [video=youtube;CfrdKj-4OJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfrdKj-4OJQ[/video]

She always seems really fun and happy.
    This person might cheer your cousin up.
    :)

7. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    Over 3 years ago, I was dealing with uterine cancer -- until I found out how important food can be in our efforts to heal our bodies. I read about The Gerson Therapy and also saw a documentary that explains how food heals. It is a little long but worth it because of all you will learn. And if your cousin and her family can view it also, it will give them more hope that it is possible to beat cancer. Try this link: http://documentaryheaven.com/a-new-way-to-see-food/

As a short testimony, I would like to say that eating raw (or lightly steamed) organic vegetables and whole fruits (for the fiber) were instrumental in eliminating my cancer. I started out with The Gerson Therapy and included Flax Seed Oil in my daily meals which provided a lot of Omega 3's that are truly helpful for the immune system. I decided not to go with any chemo, radiation or surgery and stuck with the fresh food diet. I did not buy anything that came in a bag, box, bottle, can, jar or jug as it was "processed" food and contained toxins that may have possibly caused the cancer to begin with. I can't prove it, but I suspect it. This fresh food, mostly from local farmers, was what I needed to successfully treat the cancer. I hope your cousin will try it.

As for your helping her feel better, you are doing the right thing by being there for her. Give her calls during the day to tell her what's happening and to check in on her. Knowing someone is looking out for her is really important. Find jokes online to read to her or ask her if she would like to listen to audio books that you can find online for free. Try to distract her from thinking about the negative. Most of the people who survive cancer are positive thinkers. Make sure she knows that. And think positive yourself when talking to her. You might think it's silly, but I believe in Mind Over Matter and that if we believe in something, it can happen. Ask her to envision a warm safe place she can relax in and watch her favorite animals or birds go by. Thinking good thoughts produces good effects. I wish you both the best.

8. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    just spend time with her as much as you can, at that rate nothing else is important except time.