13 Wacky Home Products for 2013

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by emmy2points • Mar 23, 2013.

1. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I thought I'd share an article I came across while looking through the Good Housekeeping website. Some of the products look fun and amusing enough to have at home for, well, your amusement in the kitchen. Would you purchase any of these or might you already have some in your home? Click below to read the full article.

From disco ball-inspired cleaning gloves to tea infusers that look like lovable sea creatures, the latest crazy home products from the International Home and Housewares Show promise to inject a little fun into your daily routine.

By Nicole Price Fasig

Click

for the full article.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would buy the Manatea and the Dream Boat pan because the Dream Boat lets you make your own Twinkies or other cream filled baked goods at home and the Manatea is the cutest tea infuser I've ever seen. I'm frugal ,so I would probably just use my Amazon gift cards to get them.

3. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you on the Manatea tea infuser. Out of all the products on the list, that's also the one I'd most likely buy. It's super cute like you said, and it makes a great conversation piece. haha As for the Dream Boat pan, I'll be too tempted to bake homemade Twinkies and have them everyday. So bad! hahaha

4. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    The bits and pieces crust cutter is cool. It looks like the old tetris game. We've already got sandwich cutters that fit together like puzzles and kids love them!

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The shaped cutting boards annoy me because they're too small for most cutting jobs and I think the hipster motifs of mustaches, bow ties and whales have been done to death. Mustache products and bacon products are so overdone and popular that I've gotten sick of seeing them.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love decorative sandwich cutters. I have a 15 year old that's into Japanese anime culture, like I am, so I try to make her lunches as artistic and bento-like as possible. I like the sandwich cutters that look like dolphins.
    I also have the egg molds that make hard boiled eggs look like bears and bunnies.

7. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I like the zoku slush and shake maker. My kids love slushes and shakes so I am sure we would be using this one alot and it would be cheaper then buying from the mcDonalds or other places. They have a lot of nice stuff on that site. I am going to go back and see what else I can find. Thanks for the share!!

8. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I guess that goes against my policy of not playing with food at the table. hahaha I agree that this would be great for kids. For myself, I know the fun-shaped pieces will make me more likely to eat my sandwich, and make lunchtime more enjoyable. :D

9. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    You're welcome! I also liked going through the photos of items that might be fun to buy for my kitchen collection. Some of the products do look like they'd add a little bit of fun and amusement to your ordinary, everyday food preparation rituals and to the foods themselves. Let me know if you find more fun products in your search. :D

10. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah if your sandwich is cut into puzzle pieces, it's hard not to put it together! I guess at least then it's an educational toy :D

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly these are kinda of pointless but great for cute little looks or whatever but I do like the spoon holder on the pot that can be really useful

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the Takeya flash ice tea pitcher is cool because sometimes you want iced tea immediately and don't want to wait for the tea you just brewed to cool down. My family drinks enough iced tea in a year that we might be able to justify buying this.

[​IMG]

13. busybee

busybeeNew Member

Threads:
    The Crazy Crusts is definitely the best one. I love Tetris and food combined with Tetris is like a dream.

14. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I cook a lot and unfortunately sometimes even thick oven mitts aren't enough to shield your hands from the heat. I think the Hot Mitts is definitely the product for me, more so when I cook a casserole in the oven. I can’t even remember the number of times I wanted to drop a hot baking dish but could not because the food would spill or the container would shatter.

15. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    Ha wow those are some really crazy things for the home. A lot of them could make really fun gifts though! Especially for that person who you don't know what to get cause they seem to have everything or are juts really hard to shop for!