19 kids and counting controversy

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Mayvin • Oct 10, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I know that there are a lot of people that do have issues with this show for the fact that they have so many children and that part seems to get a lot of attention. But there seems to be another underlying thing I've noticed that seems to be a part of their culture where the women are expected to stay home and have many children without being educated or without the prospect of ever working. I have to admit I have gotten a bit sucked into the innocence of this family but sometimes I think about the underlying theme of the expectations of women on this show.

I was kind of looking forward to seeing more of their friends' the Bakers show because they emphasize college for their girls but that show was cancelled. I just think for the majority of women in this situation who have like 10 kids and their husband dies or something and they have no job skills or higher education what are they suppose to do? I guess make sure their husband has a really high life insurance policy just to survive.

What do you think about the girls on this show expected to only be stay at home moms and have as many kids as they can? The duggars can pull if off with all the money I'm sure they have from the show but the average woman who lives this lifestyle without all that doe, I just wonder how they manage. Seriously.

#1Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know how they manage, I really don't, but I have no right to really judge them since they are taking care of their kids and seem to love them to pieces, so that's really all you can ask for when it comes to families.. They seem like good people. My sister actually has nine children of her own and she's in her early 30s, and she's still going! ha