2 Things You Can Use Toothpaste For

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Pat • Sep 13, 2014.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just read that there are many things you can do with toothpaste besides brush your teeth.

Also you can use toothpaste on pimples, apply the toothpaste to the pimple, let it dry over night then wash it off.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I've heard that you can use toothpaste for pimples but I guess I have a problem committing to it. I find that eye drops for redness is more efficient because I only had to put it on one day.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here's a site that has a slideshow of 20 uses for toothpaste (The paste, not the gel kind). The site looks kind of amateurish but there are some good ideas, such as using toothpaste to clean the rubber seal on your refrigerator, fix scratched CDs and remove clothing stains. You need the paste kind because it has a mild abrasive.

4. acnxtj

acnxtjNew Member

Threads:
    I tried the toothpaste on CD's trick quite a while ago, it made my CD's even worse and they eventually stopped working

5. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried toothpaste on my silver in the past, and didn't have great results. It took several coatings and treatments to get even remotely polished. When you can buy silver polish wipes for around $4 on amazon, I don't think it's worth the hassle of the toothpaste treatments.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tried using toothpaste on my pimples before, but I don't find that it's a safe procedure. Many times it tends to burn your skin, and make the pimple even redder. This could also make it even more inflamed, specially if it's already inflamed to begin with.

7. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    That's interesting, I didn't realize there are so many other things you can do. I've heard about some of it from my grandmother but I've never actually tried it out myself. The one time I saw my grandmother washing grapes with toothpaste I got so grossed out I refused to eat the grapes haha.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't try to fix a scratched CD with toothpaste it does not work. We had a CD scratched but it played. After we tried the tootpaste fix it would not play anymore. Sounds good but not a good fix.

9. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    As a chemistry graduate I can tell you that multiple household chemicals and toiletries have uses that you would not imagine. The presence of fluoride acts as an oxidant and can clean silver jewelry yes.
    Vaseline has a myriad of uses for your body and around the house. A lot of spices and condiments are not just used to make food taste better. They can be used to lower fevers, help with dehydration and even get rid of headaches.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use toothpaste for minor burns whenever I'm left without any burn ointment. I'm not exactly sure if it really does work in healing the burn, but it certainly helps a lot in alleviating the pain. As soon as I put toothpaste on the small burn, I don't feel the pain anymore and the only downside is that I'd have to keep it there for the whole day and it gets everywhere until it dries up, but then again it is the same for burn ointment.