2014 going, going, almost gone

Discussion in Misc & Others started by MrsJones • Oct 31, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    The year of 2014 is almost over and it's almost time to look forward but not just yet. What's the most exciting thing that has happened to you and the worst or saddest thing that has happened to you in 2014. For me my hubby received his associate degree in mental health and got offered a position as a substance abuse counselor, part-time then on to full time. The worst thing in 2014 was I got laid off after 18 years of service, hence a chance to pursue online opportunities. What about you?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best thing that happened to me this year is overcoming an addiction that had enslaved me for 14 years. I'd been trying on and off to quit but this year, I managed to so I'm going to celebrate when the year comes to an end and make a resolution to never go back to old habits.

The worst thing that happened to me was losing a certain job. I'd got the promise of getting a raise after one week but screwed up before I got that raise. But online jobs come and go. I hope that next year I get a better one.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's so weird because this year has more bad memories (too many to count, in fact) but the good ones, few though they maybe, leave a deeper impression on me than the bad ones ever could. The best of the bunch would have to be my first trip outside of my country. I got to immerse in a different culture and feel empowered that I dared go on a backpacker trip and returned home with my wallet still intact.

The worst that I experienced this year was when my paternal grandfather died. I felt guilty because he had always wanted me to be a lawyer but I ended up becoming a writer. I also hadn't seen him in 6 years, which only aggravated my guilt. Still, I hope that he's proud of me and he's well wherever he is right now.

4. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    Time is running so fast that 2015 is stepping towards us silently. The best thing that happened to me this year was that I acquired a new skill and met many new friends who taught me different things that I did not aware of before.

The worst thing that happened to me was that I could not be able to find a stable job yet.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best thing would have to be when I went to San Diego and explored around as well as going to SeaWorld. The worst is a tie between still not being able to get a job or being pressured into spending almost 300 dollars.

6. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    The year has absolute sped through and I can't believe that after December kicks in next month, to 2015 we go. This year has been a bit of a bumpy road for me personally. The best thing to happen to me is the fact that I still get to live and breath and the worst thing is that my diabetes hasn't treated me very nicely at all, with it's consequences affecting my eyes and even giving me a few nasty scars on my skin. It's a tough battle with this condition, trying to balance a lifestyle that makes you happier vs a lifestyle that is required to beat it.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No good thing has happened to me in 2014, all are setbacks and misfortunes. I live with pesky (and that is an understatement) people and they're the cause of my setbacks.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best thing that's happened to my kid and I in 2014 is moving into our apartment and the worst is when I took out a loan from a lender that caters to eBay sellers and they overdrew my bank account and helped run my credit into the ground. Any kind of loan or advance where the other party can directly pay themselves back by automatically debiting funds from your bank account is a bad idea.

9. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, Sidney. You know setbacks to me only means there is something better coming my way. After losing my job most people thought I would be angry but I'm not. After eighteen years I feel that I gave my best, performed my best and it was great working with you. Your time is coming, be patient and be happy and when it comes you will be ecstastic!

10. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Decisions, I dread making decisions. Being pressured is a tough thing to deal with. Your job search is still going to continue until you find that job. For me, if the money will keep me from getting a job then I won't spend it. If the money will keep me from not paying my bills I won't spend it then either. On the other hand, if the money will get me a job, I will invest in my future. Take care.