21 Day Fix Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Pat • Aug 3, 2014.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The 21 Day Fix has been shown on TV as the way to control your intake of food along with a excerise DVD of 30 minutes of excerising. I have not tried the system as of yet but I do plan to give it a try.

I like the idea of using your food in a color codes system to show you just how much food you should be eating, which I think is part of the problem, we don't really know what a portion looks like. We have been super sized for so long we have lost track of just how much we really do eat each day.

The 30 minutes daily of exercise is just about right, not to much not to little to let your body know it is being used.

The 71 year old lady that got her sexy back is my motivation. Who says just because you are over 60 you can not be sexy. Now remember 60 is the new 40, we are living longer and need to keep ourselves healthy.

What do you think about the 21 Day Fix?

2. Cindie Ameigh

Cindie AmeighNew Member

Threads:
    Hi, I’m thinking about trying this. I’m not ready for the workouts yet. I am doing the treadmill everyday but for health reasons need to stay consistent and not too intense. Will the portion control containers be enough to lose weight or does the count include the expectation of intense exercise?

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    My girlfriend did this program and I think it is actually quite good. I took part in some of the exercises and they can get pretty difficult even if you are in good shape. I think it would be difficult for most to follow the nutrition plan because they are strict about the portion control. But if you are dedicated you can definitely get through it.

4. Cindie Ameigh

Cindie AmeighNew Member

Threads:
    I have read this review of the 21 day fix :

and they say it's easy to follow, all you have to do is to fill the containers with the appropriate food, so there's no counting. I found the concept really easy!

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Are the containers and the exercise program all sold as a kit? If so, I'm curious as to how much it cost. It sounds like it would be simple enough to follow, and I really like the idea of different sized containers to control portions. I think that is one of my biggest pitfalls when I try to eat better and diet.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The idea of using the containers is to make you aware of the right size portion when you are eating. We grew up having food put on our plates and told to eat it. We never was informed what the size of the meal should be which is one reason we have weight problems we don't know how much to eat. We eat until we are no longer hungry.

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it seems like a good program, but as long as people know they will have to work hard and keep up the habit for the rest of their lives if they want to be succession the long run. 21 days is probably long enough to develop a habit, but continuing long term will take a lot of will power because no one can sustain even a long established habit without determination if they are not really enjoying it.

8. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    For people mentioning that the container idea for portion control; I agree it is a simple way to watch what you are eating. That is not why I think the eating program is difficult. I think it is difficult because if you want to follow the diet to a tee, you have to have the will power to stop eating when your portions are finished. And depending on the meal, this can be hard to do if you don't feel full. This is especially true after a hard workout.

9. Rachel Dodd

Rachel DoddNew Member

Threads:
    What if you work out more, and need to eat a lot more food? I really don't get the mechanics of this particular diet other than portion control. The more I lose fat, it says to eat less. What if I begin to gain muscle mass? Wouldn't I need to eat or consume more protein? I saw elsewhere that people were unsure about it because of this exact reason. How should one adapt to the physical changes that the diet will make?:(