21 Ways To Eat Your Water

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by gata montes • Aug 11, 2015.

1. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Much as I think it safe to say that just about everyone is aware of the importance of keeping the body hydrated in order for it to function correctly - there are unfortunately - despite this knowledge - a significant number of people who fail to drink enough fluid to keep their bodies adequately hydrated.

However - even though there are varying reasons for this - as one of the most common ones is that people don't like or can't drink vast amounts of water - you'll be pleased to know that - although water is an ideal source of fluid due to it being readily available and calorie-free, as well as caffeine and alcohol-free too - as the human body doesn't really care what form the fluid comes in as long as it gets it - there is an alternative - as there are plenty of high water content foods that will hydrate just as well as fluid in a glass does.

So for all those who struggle with trying achieve their daily fluid intake - hopefully this chart of 21 healthy ways to eat your water will help

21 Ways To Eat Your Water - info chart.

especially as - any of the above are way better for our health than drinking soda and other high sugar drinks.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well yes there is water in almost all foods. That chart really brings it home. I know that even crackers and cakes have water in them so you can get some water from all foods. It stands to reason that vegetables would have the most water in them. However, even consuming all these veggies you would still need to drink water.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, produce is so good for this. Plus much of it is so tasty, especially fruits, that it’s a win all around. Personally I try to keep my water intake pretty high, but it is nice to know that I do eat at least two or three of the foods on this chart daily, so that might help make up the difference on my slightly forgetful days.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You'd have to eat a lot of fruits to get a glass of water [from them]. To get the 8 or so recommended glasses of water [per day] you'd need to eat more than 20 oranges a day. That would cost you a substantial amount of money by the end of the month. That's why I'd rather drink the water instead of getting it from other sources.

5. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    :oops: - judging by some of the responses - I think I should perhaps have worded this a little more clearly.

So just to clarify - as I don't wish to mislead in any way - this tip is NOT meant as a means of fluid replacement for those that DO already drink an adequate amount of fluid on a daily basis

but as previously mentioned

A healthy alternative means of hydration for those that DON'T drink enough fluid - either because they don't like or can't drink vast amounts of water or worse still don't drink any fluid at all - which is in fact why the highest water content foods listed in the chart where chosen - as eating those is considered to be way better than drinking no fluid at all - particularly as all are thought to supply enough fluid to avoid total dehydration :)

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the best way to stay hydrated is to drink as many glasses of clean water as you can tolerate and also to eat a good amount of raw fruit and vegetables. I know from my own experience that fruit will satisfy my thirst for a while if I, for some reason, can't get water. But that satisfaction will only last for a short period of time, as I am a person who needs around 15 or more glasses of water per day to feel good.

7. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    I love posts like these! Thank you for sharing with us!

It's very important to keep yourself nourished and hydrated, so having these types of vegetables and fruits in your food intake is definitely a plus! I do think however, that king coconut water is the best, well ofcourse - we can always drink lots and lots of water, haha! But I guess we can opt in for other ways to enhance our experience! :)

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Love this, it's so true. Whether a person drinks enough water or not, the most water, fibery foods should be an absolute staple in the diet. The more the better.. the watery the better and no, crackers and breads would not count as they would absorb more water from you than they contribute. Water foods.. you can't go wrong.

9. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    Hydration is very important to health. I'm one of the people that counts how many times I fill my water bottle and I'm careful to make my minimum. I donate plasma so I have to drink enough. BUT my daughter on the other hand sometimes I can barely get her to drink anything. Fruits and vegetables with a high water content and a nice dip can get her snacking which at least makes me feel a little bit better.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had actually noticed, without having to do any research into it, that certain fruits were full of water. There would be times where I'd have myself a couple of oranges, not have any water in between and keep needing to pee after eating them. I put it down to the water that was in the oranges, and this more or less confirms it.

11. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think this is really good information for parents, as well, because many children don't want to drink as much water as they should. Plus, in addition to getting the non-caffeinated fluid, with the fruits and vegetables, they are getting other nutrients. I try to drink as much water as I can, but do supplement with fruits and vegetables, especially in the Summer, when it's so hot here in Texas, and any amount of time outdoors can dehydrate a person.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was watching embarrassing Bodies - a UK based medical show - the other day, and there was this little girl on there who kept getting UTI's. She was only young, but kept getting them and other doctors hadn't been able to work out why. Anyway, they finally figured out that she was getting them because she wasn't getting enough water. She was drinking blackcurrant most of the time, which is actually known to cause and irritate the condition more. Water is imperative.

13. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    It is just perfect that they are all healthy foods. I do recall grabbing a cucumber when I need to be refreshed. Many of the others too. I live in the Negev region and it is so hot. I have to drink water. It is good to know these foods are helping me out as well.

14. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for this list! I already saved the picture.:) Anyway, when my son is not drinking enough water, I usually make him a pure orange juice. He loves drinking that. Of course, water cannot be replaced just by drinking this. But I think this helps him stay hydrated too especially when he is sick and does not want to drink his water.

15. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Nice. Thanks for this info. I am a kidney stone former, so my doctor told me to drink a lot of water. Sadly, I always forget to do so. I only drink water when I am really thirsty. On the other hand, I like veggies, so maybe I should try this! Thanks again!

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find it hard to drink a lot of water or any liquid so I do eat fruit that I know has water in it like watermelon and grapes. I do appreciate the chart to give me more ideas of fruit or veggies that I can add to my diet to get more water into my body.

17. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, thanks for this fantastic post, @gatamontes! I was rather intrigued by the title and just had to see what it was all about LOL This one's a keeper. I knew about this but didn't know some of these fruits and veggies contained so much water. Of course, you do still need to drink water, but these will boost your liquid intake and immune system :)

18. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this info. Since my first pregnancy I learned the importance of being hydrated. When I was about 7 months pregnant I would get heart palpatations. I didn't get a chance to ask my OB about it as my son was born at 36 weeks. When I went for a check up with my GP she said the heart palpatations were due to an imbalance in my electrolytes. When I got pregnant 3 years later I made sure to hydrate and drink lots of water. No palpatations at all. Just goes to show how important it is to drink lots of water.

19. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    That is a great chart and very helpful. However it is my understanding that you still need to drink some H2O. I think it is a great idea to drop some fruits into your water to flavor it. There are also a lot of water flavorings you can buy.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is interesting info. I love to eat fruits as well, but since I live in a hot country, then I mostly get the needed water intake per day, especially when I am moving a lot throughout the day.