5 Fab Shopping Tips!!

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sarz • Mar 25, 2014.

1. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Here are ten of the best shopping tips design to save us money

1. Write a list of the things you need avoid buying things you don't.
    2. Don't buy things just because they are on sale. (Stick to your list)
    3. Estimate how much you will spend and use cash (we tend to spend more when we purchase with our cards)
    4. Go alone, so you are not encouraged to spend more
    5. The classic: Always ask yourself do you really need that?

Hope this helps, please add to the list:)

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I'd add: always wait a day or two for the more expensive purchases you want to make. If the next day you still want to buy that thing, go buy.

And I really like point 4 by the way. Each time I go shopping with my boyfriend we end up buying more than we need since we encourage each other to add more in the basket. When alone, not so much, since I have a clear idea of what needs buying.

3. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    When I want to spend some money for my clothes, I window-shop first and list the things I like and their respective prices. I buy them the following day. That way, I can stick to my budget. I seldom shop when there is a massive sale on the mall. The "competition" is stiff. You know, I might not get those items I listed. They may be gone the following day.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes you get what you pay for. Cheap is expensive, eh?

When shopping for stuff you want attire that will last a long time, buy a quality product that will last longer, require less in mending costs, etc.

5. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with number four and five. When I go somewhere with my best friend, we feel the need to buy something. I don't know why. There seems to be a force that urges us to buy expensive food and expensive clothes. I also ask myself number five. Do I really need that? I've been very strict on number five these past few days and I've been saving a lot of money because of that.

Thankfully, I'm learning to budget better than before and I will be able to use this money for future priorities.