A career in fashion?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by deathbyprayer • Jun 12, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking of jumping to a fashion related career. I'm a designer and I love designing clothes so I'm planning to go up to be a fashion designer but I'm scared of what I might end up with. Do you have any tips or advice?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If you are really good at what you do and you really like it, then you are surely going to succeed. But first you've got to exert a real hard work and be not lazy. No matter how you like or how good you are on what you do, there will come a time that you are gonna get bored. And during the time that you are bored, that's the time that you feel lazy and you avoid doing you job, though you really like it. Also there would come a time that you would feel like you are tired. Don't be fooled by this! Work, work, work and work! Only work is the key to success. You don't get success when you are dreaming and imagining, though they motivate you and give you ideas.

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    From the great words of a mighty brand... Just do it! :D

If you need (and can afford) to go to a fashion school then do it. If you want to apply for a job in a fashion industry then do it. Being afraid is natural but if your passion is really fashion :)o) I don't see any reason why you can't push through with your plans.

What do you have to lose anyway? :)