A few beauty tips :)

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by iNg • Aug 13, 2012.

1. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    • Oils are great. Whether you rub them into your hair, skin, or nails before washing to moisturize and remove make-up or use a tiny amount after washing as a moisturizer, they are great. Different oils work differently for different people. Examples of good oils: extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, etc.
    • The best sunscreens are physical sunscreens, which contain zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide, with zinc being the best of the two. They are really the only chemicals that truly block both UVA and UVB rays. Remember, sun damage is the #1 cause of aging skin (smoking being #2).
    • Washing your hair less is good for most people. Only wash the scalp and only apply conditioner below the roots.
    • Rinsing your hair with diluted vinegar ~once a week is great for it, it will remove hard-water build up, soothe itchy scalp, help prevent/treat dandruff, and will close the cuticle of the hair making it smoother and shinier. Use ~1 tablespoon vinegar (Apple cider or white, doesn't matter) in 1 cup of water and pour over all of your hair.
    • Heat is bad for your skin and hair. Save that blow drier and straightener for special occasions!
    • Topical vitamin C is amazing for your skin. It clears up acne, prevents wrinkles, helps reverse some sun damage, and just makes your skin glow. However, vitamin C is very unstable and buying products containing vitamin C is a bit of a roulette, as many of them don't contain enough to do anything, and many others are old and the vitamin C has oxidized so it will in fact damage your skin. Solution: make your own vitamin C cream. Take your favorite water-based moisturizer ("water" should be the first ingredient and there should be no oils in the ingredients) and buy vitamin C powder at a health food store. In an opaque or amber container, put in 1000 - 1500mcg (generally one scoop) of vitamin C powder. Add a few drops of filtered or distilled water to dissolve it. Then add 2 tablespoons of moisturizer and mix it up. Voila, ~10% vitamin C cream. Keep your powder in the fridge and make new cream every 2 weeks. If it turns yellow at all, throw it out early.
    • There is no need to buy expensive shaving creams/lotions. I use $1 bottles of conditioner. Lasts longer and keeps legs smoother.
    • Don't keep your razor in the shower. Even just keeping it on the edge of the bath outside the shower curtain will extend it's life by weeks, if not months.
    • Do you buy expensive exfoliating scrubs at the drugstore? Stop! Mix up some sugar (brown or white) with your favorite oil, and add a squirt of lemon juice. After washing your face, rub the sugar/oil mix on gently and rinse it off. This is a very intense exfoliant, so don't use it more than once a week. Can only be used on the entire body.
    • Get hormonal acne at the same time every month? Whether it's around ovulation or before/during your period, aleve can help. Keep track of when it comes, and ~5 days beforehand take 1 aleve a day until ~3 days after it would have come. Then stop. This also can work well for those deep, painful pimples that just won't go away.

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Great tips, covering quite a few areas! Thank you.
    Another option for getting your topical Vitamin C is to go for magnesium ascorbyl phosphate powder - a much more stable form of ascorbic acid, and said to be suitable for sensitive skin. :)

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Really awesome share. Cheers for that. (-: Another thing I am really excited about and love is the way ones nails can shine when you buff it. It looks like you have applied nail polish...but you haven't, its your nails own oils that come out to shine. The only caution is not to do it too often as then you can abuse the nail. But just a little bit now and again - really makes your hands shine.

4. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    Amazing information. Thank you so much for sharing. I would also like to know , what can be done for treating chapped lips. My lips literally bleed in winter. How much ever lip balm I put its of no use. Please suggest some home remedies. Thanks

5. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    1) For your hair, i would consider getting it thinned out. Then you could style it however you want.
    2) I would say flair jeans, tight tops, bomber jackets, and cute girly boots.
    3) Keep your hair long, but get layers.
    4) I would say just running 10 minutes each day and maybe some sit ups.

Hope I helped!

6. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Extra virgin olive oil. Put some on your lips after you shower. Doesn't sound glamorous, But it does the job.
    Keep your lips covered! You can restore dry lips with consistency and patience. But chapped lips are not going to disappear in a day, and missing even one day of treatment can drive lips back to dryness.
    You should also buy jojoba oil, it has infinte uses(

), appy some on your lips as an overnight treatment.

7. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the acne tips. I have never heard of those suggestions, but I would definitely love to try them out as I feel like I've exhausted every other method. There's still hope for my acne without having to resort to chemically-laden medication!

8. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the unique beauty tips. Some of these I haven't heard before and will have to give them a try. Great thing is some of these items I already have in my house.

9. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Great tips! I'm already doing many of them. The vitamin C I've just added to my skincare routine, and I can't wait to see the results.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    These are great tips! Some of them I didn't already know, like the conditioner as shaving cream tip. I usually use oil, but I can see how conditioner would work better. I'm going to try that.

11. davidlamber8100

davidlamber8100New Member

Threads:
    Everyone wants to look their best and as wonderful as they can. Your daily eating plan contributes a great deal towards making your wonderful. Therefore eating a proper nutritious eating plan is important to keep looking wonderful.

12. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    This is quite a list and I have to say that they are all awesome! I learned a lot and will definitely apply these tips to myself. Oils are indeed essentials and if I may recommend, Palmer's cocoa butter oil are the best for your skin! Plus they smell so good! :)

13. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Great tips. I follow most of this myself. The vitamin C has been added to my regime for the last couple of months and I love the changes it has brought to my skin. I love a warm oil soak for my hair and nails.
    I love and cocoa for a body scrub. It smells amazing and exfoliates effectively.
    Glycerin and a few drops lemon juice applied on the nails for a few minutes brings back color to frequently painted nails and strengthens them while softening the cuticles.
    Green tea bags on the eyes reduces puffiness and brings youthfulness to the skin around the eyes.

14. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    great tips,thanks for those,i also use ,many of them on myself,

15. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    These tips were very helpful thank you! As a researcher, I'm always looking for tips/remedies (beauty, fashion, food) to get me by or pass along. Thank you!

16. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Amazing tips! I wear sunscreen every day, and it keeps the spots away.

I can vouch for keeping your razor out of the shower, also. I heard about that tip quite a while ago. After hearing that tip, I would dry my razor head off with a towel and place it away from the shower. I can often go 6 months to a year without changing my razor head! It was one of the most useful tips I had ever heard of.

17. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the great tips. I would like to ask with the mix of sugar and lemon juice how good is it to use vitamin E oil? I have begin to use this as a body oil . I currently use honey and lemon juice exfoliate my face it works well. Also another thing that I use to have smooth feet just like you came out of a foot spa is to mix 1/2 cup vinegar and mouthwash doesn't matter what kind green or blue and let your feet soak for about 30 mins. and you can wipe the dead skin right off. It works great in between going to the foot spa.

18. Swetas

SwetasNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for lovely tips and have few of the problems above stated so will try them.

19. Swetas

SwetasNew Member

Threads:
    Wonderful hair tip

Thanks for the hair tips and about the scrub

20. andymark25415

andymark25415Banned

Threads:
    thanx for sharing that tips