A Note On The Windows 10 Launch

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by troutski • Jul 28, 2015.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So most people know that Windows 10 launches on July 29, but you probably don't realize that the chances are slim that most of us will receive the upgrade that day. Microsoft is actually releasing the operating system update in batches from the 29th moving forward, so it could take a few days for the update to become available on your device. Just a heads-up in case you were itching to get started with Windows 10!

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I resent new Windows launches because then Microsoft forces people to get rid of their existing OS even if they're happy with it. I liked XP and would still be using it if they hadn't ended support for it.

3. troutski

Threads:
    But Windows XP has been around since 2001. How long could you reasonably expect a company to support an outdated operating system? Microsoft maintained support for XP for far too long, in my opinion. Windows 10 performs better than previous versions of Windows and get a lot of things right. XP is often a popular operating system choice for users for whatever reason, but even Vista had major improvements from that OS.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I still haven't got mine and it's making me nervous because I hope I don't lose any of my files by upgrading (yes I know you should always backup in cases like this. it's just a pain in the butt)
    It'd be nice if they could tell us a date.

5. troutski

Threads:
    It's a rollout rather than an immediate release, like with Android OS updates. It could take days or it could take weeks. There are ways to force the update, and you don't have to worry that much about losing files considering the download is quite small. I haven't heard of anyone losing their files while upgrading to Windows 10 at this point from normal circumstances. I'd recommend just forcing the update and backing up your files if it's that big of a concern, but you should be safe.

6. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I really like windows XP too. I think that is the one I would of stayed with too if it hadn't been for them no longer offering support. It was really easy to use. I didn't like the windows vista much, I was really used to Windows XP. But now Im wondering about Windows 10, Im tempted to upgrade, but I'm still not sure.