A Thread On Exercise Bands

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by eagletal88 • Feb 2, 2015.

1. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I personally love using exercise bands for working out due to their mobility for traveling and such. I wouldn't want to lug around dumbbells with me whenever I travel...

So first, do you like them? And, where do you buy yours?

I have a set of 5 bands with different weights that I bought from Dick's. They are a little more on the pricey side. But with something that could be potentially dangerous, I wanted quality over a cheaper price. I once bought a very cheap band off eBay and was doing a shoulder press when one of the balls inside the tube came lose and shot out like a bullet and almost hit my TV. It would have definitely damaged the TV screen, but fortunately it only hit a wall. But that experience made up my mind to never buy cheap bands again.

The brand I buy is called "Fitness Gear".

2. lollie

lollieNew Member

Threads:
    I just started a thread on these too! I love resistance bands -- recently started using them and kind of disappointed that I waited so late into my fitness training to began using them :-( But I guess better late than never. I too travel from time to time and while I can always find a decent gym in my hotel, there's nothing better than carrying your own equipment.

I don't think enough people realize the benefits of resistance bands. "Weights" doesn't really come to mind when you think of them. I bought a set (ranging from 4-75 lbs) off Amazon and absolutely love them! They come in hand when I really don't feel like going to the gym but want to get a GOOD home workout in!