A Wal-Mart Just opened across the street!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Miaka_M • Jun 16, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    So, I was in the States for the weekend and I when I come back I hear that the wal-mart across the street is finally open! They were building it for a while now and I was anticipating this opening. I walked in and it was actually pretty spacious! They have an underground parking available. The one thing that got on my nerves was that the cashier cashed my merchandise wrong and didn't give me the 2 for $3 special on the nail polish, now i have to go back tomorrow and tell them. She didn't even cash the other nail polish, I guess she didn't notice it in the basket?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Hmm, if she forgot something in the basket, you could've pointed it out. If it was specifically a "2 for $3" special, chances are, the system would only recognize the price if both items were rang up. Also, chances are, if she only rang up one of them....you probably got both bottles for cheaper than the full $3 anyway...

3. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    The math was bothering me as well. Also I'll confirm that is how tills usually work.

4. Ruffled

RuffledNew Member

Threads:
    Most reputable stores will package 3 items like that together so there is one barcode to scan that reflects the special price. Apparently, Wal-Mart is too cheap to even do that. It was also said that this is a new store. If a new store has problems like that already, they are not likely to get better anytime soon. And they have a parking garage? They can afford that but not specialized packaging for sales items? No wonder they're a total mess, their priorities are backwards.

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    The thing with nail polish is that most woman are picky with the colours that they chose, so not packaging them together was a good move. That way we can chose the ones that we like :) The employees may be new as well, there is no harm done.

Originally it would've been $2 each, but I noticed that she didn't cash it when I got home. I only realized that she must've left it in the basket when I got home, or else I would have indeed pointed it out.