About to buy a spy gadget

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by etc • Jul 5, 2014.

1. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I'm about to buy a spy gadget, I wanna check my neighbor what they are doing since they keep fighting every night and it some times keep me awake. I wanna know what they are fighting for. I suspect the husband is beating his wife and I feel like theres something to do about it. I know its not my business anymore. Do you guys also feel the same way when you get to be affected by the surroundings?

It felt like I'm involve because i get to hear bottles thrown to the wall and its me that lives near them.

2. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    Well, if you think there's domestic violence going on next door, next time they're fighting, maybe you ought to call the police. It's better they get involved before someone gets hurt, plus it will let your neighbors know that their relationship problems are affecting other people than just themselves. It might just be the wake-up call they need to get some counseling.

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I agree to call the police. I wouldn't even bother to buy a spy gadget because then they can come back at you for invading their privacy. If you are truly worried for their safety, call the cops. If you just want to be nosey, then back away. Have you ever knocked on their door and asked if they were ok? Have you ever talked to them when there is not alot of noise?

4. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Not really. The guys seem intimidating and a muscle builder I'm no way going to wrestle with in lol.
    The other night I heard the woman cry loud and when i go out from the apartment I saw her alone in their balcony, I was worried thinking she might jump from the 6th floor.

5. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    Okay first of all mate, spying on someone's private matters, regardless of it being a good or a bad thing is almost always not a great idea to do. As for the matter involving your neighbors, I would suggest you just call on the police. If you're going to buy a spy gadget just for that, well I don't think it's worth it and besides, like the other guys said, it might backfire.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I've been thinking about buying one of those pens with cameras in them...
    There's so much fun stuff I could do with that ;)

As for your neighbor... Either buy the chick parachute lessons in case she ends up jumping (kidding!) or call the police.
    Why would you waste your time listening in?

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's horrible living next to a domestic violence situation. Spying on them isn't going to help. The only thing you can do is to call the police the next time it happens. Stepping in to "save" the wife can lead to complications. If she really wanted to leave her situation, she would. Stay out of it unless she comes to you for assistance. I speak from experience.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think instead of being a creepy voyeur and prying into the private reasons for a couple fighting , you should just call the police when you hear them fighting.
    If you heard a child being beaten, would you put a camera in her bedroom and watch? This is someone's life, not a show. Don't spy on people to satisfy your curiosity. Get the police involved before your neighbor beats his wife to death.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with what has been said, it would be better if you just call the police when you hear them fight, because I'm sure they would not appreciate you spying on them. You could prevent further harm too by reporting what you hear to the police, since we know that violence against women and in general is punishable by law.