ABS build-up!

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by tosaytheleast • Sep 30, 2012.

1. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! I have been working out for the last 6 months but what I have been build are my chest, triceps and biceps only. Now I am trying to focus on my ABS. They say that this part is the most difficult part because you need to have a lot of self-discipline when it comes to working out and more importantly in your diet. Now to those who have six-pack ABS right there, how long did it take for you to build your ABS?:confused:

2. vrobnson

vrobnsonNew Member

Threads:
    Make sure you are incorporating cardio in your workouts. A lot of people will only focus on the strength portion of their workout and completely ignore the cardio (I used to be one of those people!). By doing cardio, you are shedding the layer of fat that covers your abs. The cardio will burn the fat off so when you start on the ab exercises (crunches, incline bench sit up, captain's chair, bicycle), as you abs are strengthened and begin to develop, you can effectively see them and won't have the fat covering them up. If you don't shed the layer of fat and just work your abs, guess what can happen? Your stomach will actually get bigger! Remember, you abs are muscles too and just like any muscle you work, it grows. If you strip the fat away, you allow the ab muscle to grow and you can see definition. If you don't do the cardio and leave the fat, then you just have a layer of fat ON TOP of your developing ab muscle.

Also remember that your diet plays an important role in being able to see results with your ab training as well.

Good luck!

3. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Totally agree with that. Basic, but very sound, advice.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Make sure you get plenty of sleep also, because a lot of people don't know that this could be a ab killer- you need so much sleep for your body to repair(muscles) itself, also the body releases cortizol(stress hormone)and this causes the body to store some fat. So make sure you get your 8 hours of sleep and do a complete abs workout without hurting your back !