Acer Cloudbook One For $189!

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Sep 5, 2015.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Acer Cloudbook One is a cloud-based Windows machine designed to basic computer users, and those that need a portable laptop for on the go situations. It packs a decent low-end Intel processor, 2GB of RAM (which Windows 10 runs fine on), and 32GB of internal memory. You do get 1TB of cloud storage and a year of Office 365, so that essentially makes up for the cost of the laptop by themselves.

If you need a cheap, mostly capable Windows laptop, problem solved.

2. karamara

karamaraMember

Threads:
    Aren't Chromebooks the same with this? I'm not really a fan of this kinds of laptops since it's pretty much the same idea with a tablet only that it's less portable in a way (size and weight differential) and besides it's only good for browsing and maybe some word processing and not much else.

I'm guessing you can run a few games on it fine but if you're expecting more than it being just a browser and a word processing computer then you're going to be disappointed.

3. Halber

HalberNew Member

Threads:
    I've been considering getting one for on the go travel, so this was a helpful post! I don't usually use cloud books, but they've been growing on my mind. There have been moments while travelling where I'd see people getting work done on cloud books so that'd they'd have an easier time at the office.

Kudos to you t

!