Acer V3-711G

Discussion in Product Reviews started by dololol • Apr 11, 2013.

1. dololol

dolololNew Member

Threads:
    Hey guys!
    Just spent a few bucks on a new laptop, an Acer V3-711g, with GT650M graphics. Was about €570 without OS.
    Features:
    - Intel i5, 2.5ghz, turbo boost up to 3.1ghz
    - 4GB RAM
    - GeForce GT650M 2GB graphics (as mentioned)
    - 17" screen
    - 4x USB (2 of them are USB 3.0)
    - HDMI, VGA, Ethernet, wireless, the usual

First of all, it looks quite Neat and it's been solid manufactured. The 17 inch size are perfect for me since I was looking for a desktop substitute. The i5 hasn't disappointed me thus far, photo + video editing, music producing. The battery holds up to let's say 3-4 hours if youre just surfing and listen to some music along. Gaming also works great, no problems whatsoever with WoW and FPS on 1920x1080. It just begins to lag when I watch a video simultaniously on the other screen :p

Pros:
    + long-lasting battery
    + fast processor
    + gaming graphics
    + USB 3.0 support
    + runs very silent
    + doesn't get too hot

Cons:
    - DVD-drive loud when working

Overall, for €570 probably the best choice you can make when you're looking for a new desktop substitute :)

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I will never buy another Acer after mine died just out of warranty (literally) and they wanted me to pay $200 to send it back to them to diagnose it. Local repair shop told me they could hook it up and charge me to diagnose, but that it wasn't worth it in their opinion. I thought they were good laptops and loved mine until the day it shut down and lost all power :(

I hope you have better luck with yours tho! I loved mine until it started to act up then just never turned back on.

3. Waektra

WaektraNew Member

Threads:
    waw....i think it's too expensive..

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's one powerful laptop you've got there. You could play pretty much any game on it. It could support all those current generation games quite well. It's a bit too costly for my taste though. I have an Asus Eee PC series Netbook which I bought for just $300 and I'm fine with it.

5. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I'm kind of envious of you. Especially with the condition my laptop is in right now. I keep getting what is commonly known as the blue screen of death. I can't afford to buy a new one so I could really be sunk because of this situation.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard seriously awful things about Acers overall, but lately I've been hearing people really love them. Sounds like a pretty cool deal, I might have to consider it with how much trouble my HP is giving me constantly.

7. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Considering the graphics memory (2GB), that's a pretty good price, plus the benefit of no pre-loaded junk to clean up. I wonder if the graphics memory is shared or dedicated, though.

I've had an Acer LCD monitor and it was pretty good. It lasted for about 5 years of continuous use before I had to replace the capacitors and psu. I still need to replace the flourescent backlighting lamps before I can start using it again (dual monitors, then!). I don't know if I would get another Acer monitor (in that class), but I feel like I got my money's worth.

8. maria1

maria1New Member

Threads:
    For me this is the best laptop I have it for a long time and I am very pleased.
    I always use the acer simply because the price is and is not important when something is good and reliable.
    Everybody would recommend ACER