Acne Regimen

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by tasxx • Aug 22, 2015.

1. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I've been searching around the interwebs for a good face cleanser to clear up my mild-moderate acne and I've been having a bit of a struggle. There are so many different products and such and although I do heavily rely on peer reviews, I sometimes feel that it's a little hard to find reliable people who have a skin type that close to yours. Before looking towards drugstore products, I tried doing some Diy at home remedies but I found that it didn't really work. Baking soda was annoying to work with on my face and Apple cider vinegar smelled really nasty. I did use lemon juice on my face as a toner and that did help get rid of some of the acne scars. I just ordered PanOxyl acne face cleanser which has 10% benzoyl peroxide. It has really good reviews and I'm willing to give it a try. I'll definitely keep you guys posted when once I try it. Do you have any products or activities that you use for your acne? I'd love to hear your recommendations.

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I suffe from acne when my period is about to come. I always get pimples around my chin area and also between my eyebrows. I have never tried Panoxyl for my acne. Before, I used to be a user of Ponds or any commercial products. And I noticed that my whiteheads, blackheads and pimples are prevalent then. I switched to organic skin care and suddenly my skin became better. I just use water in cleansing my face then use an oil to moisturise it. That is it, and I rarely suffer from pimples now.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I had acne - like really bad/gross acne. It started when I graduated from highschool. I tried so many things like ProActiv, Acne.org, sulfur soaps, BCPs, etc. Some were successful, but others were not. Fortunately, when I reached 24, my acne just stopped. I still get the occasional one or two pimples, but other than that, nothing. I guess I can credit it to exercising, eating more fruits (blueberries), and just using a simple cleanser followed by a moisturizer. Right now, I am using Olay cleansing cloths for sensitive skin and Aveeno moisturizer. I moisturize my face day and night.