Adobe CS6 vs. Creative Cloud

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by CSomm • Mar 4, 2014.

1. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    For Photoshop fans, I've noticed that Adobe's decision to go strictly to a monthly subscription service has been met with some serious disdain. I'm with those who say that Adobe got pretty greedy on this one---Photoshop was overpriced to begin with, but at least it was a one-time expense so you could eventually justify the cost over time. Now that it's a monthly subscription, I think there are going to be some serious contenders to the Photoshop throne, like GIMP for example.

Do you use the Creative Cloud subscription service?

2. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    I currently use the cloud service. Its a fantastic price for what you get. You get over a dozen software packages worth thousands among other community benefits. I much prefer the current pricing model to the old one, good job Adobe :)

3. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    Hey, well there you go! Wasn't expecting a positive response, in fairness, but it's good to see. I didn't think their pricing model was ultimately fair, but I suppose if you are getting some good use out of it and viable updates without needing all new software, there is some advantage there.

4. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I have no use for most of their software, so I am not a fan of Creative Cloud. I only use Dreamweaver and Photoshop often, I rarely ever need to use another program so I would rather just pay for what I am going to use. Use what works best for you, if you use many of the Adobe programs then the Creative Cloud may save you money in the long run, however if you are like me and use only a few programs occasionally then go ahead and use CS6.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    To begin with, Adobe's products are pretty expensive. But I think the monthly subscription isn't a bad thing at all, I mean, you pay like $50 and you get all the Adobe products? Sounds like a fair enough deal for me. And you get updates for free. But I think it benefits more those large studios and companies, but for individuals, well not as much, I only pay for those software's that I use. But then again, if you're on a tight budget you can always sail the seven seas.