Adult Coloring Book

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by copelandbessie • Sep 10, 2015.

1. copelandbessie

copelandbessieNew Member

Threads:
    Anyone here into Adult Anti-Stress Coloring Book? Which book do you prefer? Mandala or Secret Garden?

2. watsadamen

watsadamenMember

Threads:
    I don't know why adult coloring books are becoming a craze nowadays. It is not as easy as it looks. I have tried it and my work does not look as pretty as it should be. Maybe because I am not an artist. Lol. Anyway, I guess the point here is to just let it be. Let your work be an art whatever the finished product looks. I prefer the coloring application you can download on your phone. It is so easy. You just tap to color and the picture always ends up beautiful.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really use adult colouring books, because I am busy and prefer to spend my time unwinding in other ways? But if you read a lot of magazines these days, you will see lots and lots of articles that are a testament to how therapeutic adult colouring books supposedly are for relieving stress and tension. I have never tried it, but I imagine it works.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been making my own designs. I have not colored them yet but I did have fun just making the designs. It can be relaxing just to be doing something else that is different from what you do on a daily basis. The finale results is a personal think so there is no right or wrong just have fun. This is a way to remind adults how to have fun.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I've never heard of this. What makes them different from normal children's colouring books? I love drawing and craft making so I really want to try this. Though, if they're just the same as the children's, I'll just buy those. Lol.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love colouring the mandalas. It a very relaxing activity. I teach grade 6 and I always have coloring for the fast finishers. I find it keeps them calm and focused. The enjoy it and we cut them out and decorate our library with them. It makes for great wall art. I use it teach patterning too.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    I'd never really thought of that aspect of the adult coloring craze. But I like the sound of that. I used to draw, and very well, and then something happened to where I lost a good portion of my art, and I have not drawn since. But I am thinking that I could start out with designing patterns for adult colouring books, and then colouring them in. Thanks for the idea.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw an opportunity to make money creating coloring books on one of the forums. I purchased the information not to make money but to learn how to create the designs for myself. I have always admired people that can draw, it is such an expressive way to be creative. I was not good at graphics before I started creating the mandalas, I have a new skill set now to may surprise.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    That is actually a really good idea - to make money from this new adult coloring book craze that seems to be sweeping the nation lol. I am interested in doing the same, but I have absolutely no idea how I would go about setting it all up? I could draw the patterns, and then print/scan them online? And sell them? I am not sure how it would work.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is alot of information available on how to create your drawings, how to sell the books after you have created them. There are groups on Facebook that help and share information about the process. The books can be hard copies, ebooks online and sold on Amazon. This is my link to the information I purchased to start the process if you would like to see what is available out there to make money with your own coloring book.

. If this is not allowed I am sorry. Inbox me for more information.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    I am so happy that I ran into this information. It is crazy, because since hearing about the adult colouring book craze, I have been thinking about creating some of my very own patterns, and trying to monetize them online, or possibly offline. But I think that it would be harder to do offline. Online could be difficult too though, as anybody could copy and print the patterns fro free? But thank you for the information :)

12. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I recieved one for my birthday this year. It was the secret garden one. I liked using it and found it to be relaxing but I didn't buy another one. Honestly, a sketchbook is cheaper and just doodling and coloring my own drawings does me as much mental good. Children's coloring books are almost as good too, and again, much cheaper.

13. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Are adult coloring books really a thing now? I mean I haven't tried coloring one yet and when I was a kid I really enjoyed those things so who knows, maybe I'd get into it but I just can't see the appeal yet.

So how do you proceed with it? I mean are there like, rules and stuff or you just grab a crayon and color? I'm really curious about this and I wanna try one out since it sounds like fun.

14. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    The one I had was designed with very fine lines and small spaces. It's not like coloring a kids book with big designs to fill in. I did mine with ultra-fine-tip markers and in some cases, colored pens or very sharp colored pencils. In some ways, it's like grabbing a crayon and coloring in that for a young child, they usually need to concentrate and focus on their work to do a good job. With mine, I found that I really didn't have room in my head for worry or much else because I really focused on it. Mine also had little hidden animals within the flowers, making it a combo of coloring book and "where's waldo" style page.

15. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought an "adult" coloring book yet (and ya know, calling them "adult" coloring books kinda makes you think there might be nudes in them, just saying!) but I color to destress and unwind sometimes.
    I have two kids so I tend to just grab one of their Barbie or My Little Pony coloring books and steal their crayons. LOL

16. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I see. So it plays on complexity to really grab your full attention in order for you to just focus on coloring rather than anything else? Am I right? That sounds really interesting and I can see why people are getting into this. So it's like doing a painting minus the blank canvass beginning?

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love adult coloring books. I do own the secret Garden and another one. I'm looking to buy the mandala one soon. I find that they are really relaxing and every time I color I feel better afterwards.

18. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Ha ha, my wife was just looking at these when we were out shopping last night. I have no interest in 'em, but she loves colouring, and I'm honestly surprised we came away without one. Probably helped that we were heading to a movie and didn't want to lug around excess baggage. Next time...

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is the first time that I have heard of adult coloring books. I have a lot of interests that keep me occupied to begin with, so I don't think I would have time to work on those coloring books, but I will check it out if I see one at a store.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    In quite a few spiritual communities, and in spiritual magazines, it has been talked about quite a lot. I have heard of it vaguely before, but never in the context of it being used to help to combat stress in adults. But apparently it has been proven that it helps to relieve stress in adults. I might have to get myself one of them :)