Affordable Care Act Not So Affordable

Discussion in Life & Health Insurance started by pafjlh • Jan 10, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    It pains me to say this but the Republican's do have a point about ACA its not as affordable as it should be. That doesn't mean it should be repelled like they want that isn't the answer. No the answer would be to fix the bill and make it more affordable. The fact is telling everyone that they should have health care then make them continue to pay outrageous monthly premiums for plans that don't cover as much as they may seem isn't the answer. In fact, it now looks like we are now being forced to give into the health plans and their outrageous premiums instead of fixing these programs to make them more affordable, is that really too much to ask for.

Sorry, I just know someone who is being really taken by this whole thing. She didn't qualify for subsidies at first and had to pay almost eight hundred dollars a month. Now that she does qualify she is paying about five hundred and it is doing in her income. I can't help but upset about this.

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    This is true. I'm going through the same thing right now. I just found out yesterday that if you are married and have been filing separately and you qualify for the subsidy that you and your spouse will have to file jointly the following year. I don't think this is fair either. If your spouse has health insurance through his employer the best bet is to get added and spend the extra money. It's far better than having the government having a hand in how you handle your money matters.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I just wish some of these problems with this program would be worked out. Right now I am facing a bad situation in my household financially mainly because of ACA. I feel in some ways like we just gave the Insurance companies the right to make us pay them outrageous monthly premiums. I don't think that was the original idea with ACA. I think it was intended to give American's healthcare that was affordable and not with so much hassle. But instead we have a whole lot of hassle and are having ourselves have to jump through all sorts of hoops for subsidies that they will deny us for whatever reason. This program really needs to be fixed, I just don't see it working right now. Maybe its because the President allowed these health plans a few years before making major changes in the system. But in the mean time its the American people who are having to pay the price for this, but then what's new.