Affordable Office Seating

Discussion in Office Supplies started by FuelThePlane • Jun 15, 2015.

1. FuelThePlane

FuelThePlaneNew Member

Threads:
    I was wondering what people on this forum use and recommend for an office chair that will be actively used.

I'm looking for a swivel chair that is reasonably comfortable and well priced. I'm pretty ignorant to this area, so I was also hoping for tips on how to go about saving some money on an office chair.

My plan of action initially was to look around places like Wal-Mart, Staples etc... And look for sales on chairs and make my decision based upon what I saw. However with my discovery of this website I figure it most prudent to ask everyone here not only which office chair they recommend but also how they went about creating savings when purchasing an office chair.

Thanks for all your help, looking forward to some good responses.

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    We have a chair at our computer desk that is very comfortable; we got it at ikea. I don't remember exactly how much we paid for it, but it was fairly reasonable. The best thing to do is it go to the different stores, or at least one store, and sit on the chairs yourself. I think everyone has a personal preference, so what one person recommends might not be a good fit for you.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of those mesh "task chairs" they sell at many office supply stores these days. I've been using them for almost 10 years now and love them. In particular, many of them have a bunch of levers all over them, so you can really adjust them to your liking and get them in a comfortable position for you. I used to buy leather office chairs, but you can barely adjust those, plus the padding in them flattens out over time, causing you to sit much lower over time. Also the leather gets too worn out and they start looking trashy after a while.

The mesh task chairs don't show as much wear & tear by design. And the other nice thing I recently discovered is that if the wheels or the office chair piston becomes loose, you can actually order replacement parts on Amazon instead of replacing the whole chair itself.