After Easter Sales

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Zyni • Apr 12, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen people going crazy over cheap candy at the post holiday sales that started after Easter. I wasn't interested in candy, but there are lots of other cute things on sale too. The prices are at their lowest, and in many stores, there isn't much left.

Still, I managed to find a few cute things like little toys, pastel gift bags, some pretty baskets, paper, and more, which can all be used for other occasions. These are the kinds of things I like to pick up.

While sometimes, I grab holiday specific items, I usually prefer the stuff that isn't. I can use it for birthdays and other occasions too.

2. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Every time I see the discounted chocolate, I just wanna buy it! Unfortunately, we've received a pretty big chocolate basket. I'd actually prefer to buy the chocolate after easter mysel! XD

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's true. If you are going to buy candy, the post holiday sales are a great time to do it. I have been known to pick some up in the past. I just really don't need the extra candy around right now, since I'm trying to limit my sugar intake. No sense in creating more temptation, but I can't resist checking out the sales anyway. I always find something cute to grab, and that's a better "treat" for me right now than candy would be.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually there is a surplus, the same as after Christmas, however this year there were none! I was disappointed as the stores did specials before Easter to sell them, (Buy one get one half price) and I didn't get any extras. Maybe some stores would rather sell out than have overstocks and have to reduce them?

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always thought that would be the better plan. Reduce the items a bit the day of or even the night before to sell as much as possible then, instead of having the stuff linger until they have to mark it down (sometimes) up to 90% off. I guess if they did that all the time though, everyone would just wait to shop until the night before. If they sneak in a sale like that once in a while, people won't wait, because they won't be sure the before sale is coming. Makes sense.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I missed them this year!

I usually hit up Easter sales after the holiday because it's a great time to stock up on next year's decorating supplies, too. You can get decorating kits for a quarter sometimes and basket stuffers for just as cheap.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, you can! In my lifetime, I've rarely paid full price for holidays decorations. l simply couldn't afford to do it, when I had four children to by gifts for as well. So, I always made good at the post holiday (and post season) sales. They were a lifesaver for me.

I've even gotten decorating kits and Easter grass for ten cents each at times. My stockpiles are about gone now though, which is okay, since my kids are grown now. I'll have to start again once my grandbabies get a bit bigger.

8. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    Well, to be honest, the candy is already extremely cheap before Easter because they're trying to sell them already. But yeah, the after Easter candy sales are always the best. I remember one year me and one of my friends hopped out of my car, grabbed a buggy, and just dumped as much candy as we could into one cart.