After Holiday Sales

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Ke Gordon • Jan 5, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you been able to score on any after Christmas bargains? I am not in the shopping mode, but I did get some reduced Christmas candy. Any little bit of savings helps. One thing I don't want to buy is Christmas decorations. I have enough of those to last a lifetime.

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have done very well this year, and I have managed to buy all of my cards and wrapping paper for next year. They're always a lot cheaper because shops don't want to have to store them all through the year, so they will sell them off, and that always works very well for me because it means you pay a fraction of the price that you would if you bought them in December like most people choose to do.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The after-holiday sales have started last Monday. Unfortunately, I have no time to spare for that since the office is too busy with the holiday work backlogs. But my sister who lives in Manila, near the port area, has plans of going to the sales within the week. Most leftover are gift items like clothes and household items which can still be used as gifts for other occasions. I've heard that electronic items are also on sale.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy some toys after Christmas because they usually are heavily discounted. The Christmas-themed toys I'll keep somewhere till it's Christmas time but the other toys ["non-holiday-themed"] they'll be birthday gifts. I wouldn't call the purchases [huge] bargains but I know they'll save me some money.

5. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Even though “ after holiday sales “ are not something that we have where I live and in fact the ones that we do have around this time of year haven't even started yet - I'm still feeling chuffed at the excellent bargain I picked up - as well as the wonderful surprise I got - when my electric kettle gave up the ghost on 23rd December.

As not only did I get the kettle that I'd wanted for some time at well below half price - but rather amazingly - after having resigned myself to the fact that I would have to make do without it ( as I'd ordered it on the afternoon of the 23rd ) until at least the 26th or 27th December - but probably longer as I'd only paid the standard $2 delivery fee - it arrived around lunchtime the following day - 24th December :)

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, I've snapped up some great bargains in the January sales before! From clothes to appliances, I've been very lucky. Fat chance of that happening in Botswana though LOL If the retailers here can't even be bothered to offer some good Christmas deals, I have absolutely zero hope of them putting up some good sales in January. Very tight fisted, the lot of them!

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I didn't get any bargains for after holiday shopping this year. I go and see the mark off items and hope there is something I need to get. So far nothing yet for after the holiday sales or mark downs. I wait though and hope to find something I need at sometimes 75% off!

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have yet to scour the mall to look for bargains, but for sure I will do just that when I drop by. I will be mainly looking for discounts on clothes and electronic items.

9. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I just went to a post-holiday sale at a mall and we were able to get a good price for a TV set for our bedroom. Before the Christmas season, everything seemed to be at their peak when it came to prices so we waited for an expected post-holiday sale to get reasonably cheaper prices on items we have long been wanting to buy. To our satisfaction, we did get what we really wanted. :)

10. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I usually look for consumable seasonal items after the holiday has passed. Things like candy, cake mixes, frosting, and sprinkles are usually deeply discounted after Christmas because they are Christmas colors or flavors, or they are in Christmas packaging. However, these items usually have sell-by dates that last a long time. I typically purchase these items and use them throughout the year, even though they are Christmas colored. They are usually a fraction of the price after Christmas!

11. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I love after holiday sales. You can usually score some pretty good deals. I like to look for Christmas decorations when you can sometimes get them up to 75% off. I bought these really nice throw blankets that are so soft for half off regular price. They make nice gifts and they were at a good price. Nothing like stocking up on future gifts at a discount price.

@prose@prose I love being able to get sprinkles and other cookie decorating items on sale. Can you ever have enough sprinkles? I have a whole shelf in my cupboard dedicated to holiday and everyday sprinkles. They come in handy throughout the year. You make a good point that the baking mixes have a long shelf life and can be used anytime. Red and green are not just for Christmas. I buy these items after other holidays also. After Easter and Halloween are good times to snag some good deals on these food items too.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This is actually my favorite time to shop because prices are cheapest at this time and I like rummaging through the bargain bins at this time. The only downside is of course that the choices aren't as vast as they were before the holidays but if you spend enough time and have the patience to keep digging then eventually you will come across one or two items that would make it worth it. I once got a pair of shoes brand new for just $5 and they were a popular brand.

13. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have yet to understand how some people have not picked up on the fact that everything is so much cheaper if you just wait until the holiday actually passes until you buy all that stuff. Planning ahead and just thinking about it saves you a whole bunch of money in the long run. Christmas is the big one for me, which I am sure is the case for most people, but I just got some good post Valentine's Day goods which was a big win.