Afternoon snacks at school

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Peninha • Jul 3, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When my kids get home from school, let's say 5 or 6PM they are starving, but they are suppose to eat at school in the middle of the afternoon. After some inquires I realized that what they eat at school is simply not enough for kids and that is why before having dinner they need to eat again at home. Is this happening in your countries as well or just in mine?

2. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    Yes this is happening.

I've noticed that they started changing the calories in the food as well. Taking more items out of your daily consumption. Let's not forget the rising prices of the meals that the children are buying.

We all know that our children are growing and they need good nutrients during the day. Especially if they're going to be using their brains and playing on playgrounds. I remember when I went to school I was a fireball of energy . Kids eat more than we think.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, it's not just about the quantity, it's also pretty much about the quality of what they eat. Talking to my kid I realized that he was drinking ice-tea in the middle of the morning and after noon as well and I said, what? Talking to their "teachers" they confirmed it and said they were not responsible for the food part...

Sometimes they just want to eat as little as possible so that they could play more time... :)

4. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    My kids get home from school at 2 and they are starving! I send them with a complete lunch and a snack for when they get hungry again but they are still hungry when they get home. I'm wondering why I bother to give them all the food I do when I could save it for when they get home. I have realized why my kids are still hungry. For one, they don't get adequate time to eat at lunch. My daughter is always telling me how rushed she is and she doesn't get to finish her food. Next, I was told to give them snacks to bring to school to eat in class during the day. I did that. Next thing I know my child is telling me she is not allowed to eat the snacks anymore. I get so confused. Is the teacher doing this on purpose? Why tell me one thing then a month later change it?

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These days the kids are going to the beach and I asked him what was he having for lunch, so surprise surprise, it's a bag of chips and a bread with chorizo, every single day!!! I really have a hard time believing how a company who deal with kids thinks that chips and bread is a good nutritional lunch for kids aged between 6 and 10, it makes no sense to me.