Air Popcorn Popper

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Mockingbird • Jan 9, 2015.

1. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I stopped at Walmart to buy an air-popper popcorn maker. You would think they would have this it is a very common kitchen gadget. Well They didn't and quite honestly I am at a loss as to why. They had a big popper like you see at the movies with a kettle and they had one for the microwave. They also had one that you put on the stove and turn this crank, but no good old fashion air popper.

The one I had was a Hamilton Beech brand that I bought years ago from a catalog store called Brand Names, I was sure I would find one at a department store. they were so common, only cost about $17. I see they have big ones online, I could pop enough to feed the whole neighborhood. I am looking for the single person one. Mine did just enough for one, and had this great little top where the butter melted on the pop corn as it came up. Any ideas? maybe a different manufacturer?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Air Poppers are great! They use so much less oil than a pan. But that being said I do not think I have used one since the late 1980s, so you might be right in that they are off the market. A 2014 review listed the best one as being Cuisinart, but anything from that company tends to be expensive. They also listed 'Presto' as being good and I see an advertisement for this brand at Walmart. Maybe you need to ask them if another store has it and they can try to get it delivered to your location. Here is what I found for $14.88 (you might be able to order it online):

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    WalMart's online store may have more products, because they also act as a middle man for other smaller online retail outlets, similar to what Amazon does. In other words, the order is placed on WalMart's site, but fulfilled and shipped by some other third party company they are contracted with.

Have you checked Target in store? I am almost certain they always carry at least one air popper in there, just about every time I go in there. I always hang out in the kitchen appliance area when I shop there. In fact, Target has started working with many brands to develop "target only" merchandise that you cannot find at any other retailers. This is meant to discourage people from "showrooming" or going there to see the product then ordering it elsewhere online for a cheaper price.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Presto air popper that I got on Amazon for $16. It's a great popper and I'll buy the same one again if this one wears out.