Aldi Score!

Discussion in Home & Garden started by SweetMamaKaty • Apr 8, 2015.

1. SweetMamaKaty

SweetMamaKatyActive Member

Threads:
    I just have to share this, and I hope I'm in the right section.

Look at what I picked up at ALDI today - for $4.99. (Well, I actually bought more than one). ;)
    IMG_95881_zpsjuy0mlvo.

A basket like this and of this size, approx 14" L x 10" W x 6" H, would cost probably $20 or more at a store like Pier1. I am so tickled, because they fit perfectly on the shelf under our coffee table, and I can use them to hide magazines, toys, etc. The tag even boasts a two year warranty, although I can't imagine needing to use it.

Yet another reason to love ALDI. :)

2. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    That is a nice basket for a nice price! That type of basket can be used in so many ways, for so many things. I can see my yarns piled up in it. You said you could tuck things away, but the basket is pretty and earthy and can also be decor.
    I have never heard of ALDI. I will have to look them up, with those kind of prices.

3. SweetMamaKaty

SweetMamaKatyActive Member

Threads:
    ALDI is an inexpensive grocery store with surprisingly good quality. They have their regular food staples all the time, but then bring in shipments of specialty foods, and non-food items like this, periodically. When they're gone, they're gone, so you've got to snap them up if you're interested! :)

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nice. I like baskets, and that looks like a nice one for five bucks. Good find! Aldi has a lot of interesting stuff from time to time. My mom has scored some great deals there. She has more than one Aldi near her. I usually shop for food there on occasion, because I don't have one super near me. It's usually when I make a plan to go if I'm going to be in that area for other things as well. I miss all the goodies that way, apparently!

5. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    I saw these today and I loved the round ones that matched the one you pictured!

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the specialty food offerings as well. They get some pretty nice stuff. It can add up pretty quickly if you're not careful, but it's nice to splurge on something special and completely different, once in a while.They had a lot of great stuff around the holidays, such as special meats, cheeses, and chocolates.

The Aldi I visit had small lobster tails around Valentine's Day for a reasonable price. They were delicious. I like being able to treat my husband and sometimes the whole family to a nice little surprise, without spending fortune.

They put out brochures around the holidays that looked really nice, showing off all their specialty items. They even included recipes. It was nicely done. Some people I know who tend to turn their noses up at discount stores like Aldi were even impressed.