Aldi Special Of The Week - 6 Qt Electric Pressure Cooker For $39.99

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Oct 1, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I just came across this today, and wanted to share it here in case anyone was considering getting their own pressure cooker:

I don't know of the build quality of this, since I haven't seen these in person yet. However price wise this is a great deal since the cheapest I've ever seen any electric models was around $80. They usually sell for more like $100, $120, or more.

I would probably suggest checking out some reviews before purchasing it, but it's also a low investment if you are interested in experimenting with pressure cooking, but don't want to spend an arm and a leg either.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that sounds like a fab deal! I wish I could get my hands on it, as I need to replace mine. I never knew Aldi had presence in North America. I thought it was just in Europe. Thanks for sharing, anyway :)

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They're fairly new here in Texas, but I've been hearing others in the U.S. talk about them for several years now. I love getting their weekly flyer, they seem to have some really great deals. I'd love to get this, but it's just not in the budget right now. I'm sure they'll have another in the future, so maybe I can catch that one. The 6-quart is supposed to be sufficient for a family, so that's probably the size I'd buy.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am afraid of getting pressure cookers. I am the type that would blow something up. I think I will stick to the microwave. If I was going to experiment with fast cooking methods I think I would use a convection oven. My ex has one of those and swears by it. I also like toaster ovens. and they can be a great convenience. I am going to look for one.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aldi's does have some special prices on items. When you see something you like you do want to purchase it because it will not be there long or return later. We got some good gift items last year from Aldi's. I am not very comfortable with the pressure cooker and will not be purchasing one any time soon.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I meant of course I would blow up what I was cooking!!

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Pressure cookers these days are completely safe - especially the electric models. In the electric models, there are multiple safety mechanisms to keep the pot from exploding. There is a valve at the top which gradually releases some pressure as it cooks so it never gets too much pressure inside. In addition, the electric heating element is more precise than cooking on a burner, so you not only get consistent results each time you use it, but it will never get too hot to cause the pressure cooker to get too much pressure inside and blow up.

The lid itself screws on to the pot, then a metal bar locks the lid in place so it cannot be un-screwed. There is literally no way for the lid to undo itself and pop off. You cannot even open the pressure cooker until it's completely de-pressurized. Once it's released all it's pressure, then the little bar preventing the lid from unscrewing retracts and then you can take the lid off.

Aldi's occasionally gets non-food related items in stock, but they are usually one time deals which you will never see there again. When I first moved out on my own in the early 2000's I actually bought my first entertainment center from Aldi's, lol. They had some special and were selling them for like $80 so I grabbed one. It was way cheaper than dropping like $300 at a furniture store for one.