Aldi Uk Vs Aldi Usa

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Clairelouise84 • Apr 27, 2015.

1. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I have t say that until joining this forum I had not realised that there were even Aldi stores in the USA but there seems to be a big difference in opinion from Aldi in the UK to Aldi in the USA. Aldi, whilst not popular with everyone in the UK is definitely a big contender and people generally seem to be happy with it, but there seems to be a lot lacking in the USA. Is this because of the massive choice available in the USA? We have a lot of choice in the UK but it seems to be a different ball game in the USA. Do you like Aldi in the USA?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are very few Aldi stores in the USA. I only ever saw two and they were in really remote places where you needed a car, just how it used to be in the UK. I think in the UK the store is popular and now they can afford more central locations. In my parents town they are building one next door to Morrisons and Lidl is a 5 minute walk away.

Most people don't really know about Aldi and in some states there are none. It's about location because there are many stores like Family Dollar and Dollar Tree that do sell a large selection of food items that are comparable in price.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not that keen on Aldi. It's great for some things but I can't get everything I want to purchase there and it's some distance away from my house so I tend to use a combination of Tesco and Home Bargains instead.

4. Darakath

DarakathMember

Threads:
    I have never heard about Aldi until now. From reading this thread, I am guessing that it is a combination of cheap products and food? I guess that it isn't as popular here since a lot of us don't even know about it, so that is probably the reason. I don't know about the UK though.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    There are 1600 Aldi stores in the US, so I think it's likely more about location. From where I am, there are 3 within 15 minutes of me and I adore 2 of them. One of them is in a crappy area so the staff isn't as good and the building is smaller so it's just not as comfortable.

6. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    I have heard many great things of Aldi, although I've never been or lived in a place that had one. I'd love to give it a go one day because I hear that they have great deals and don't waste time or resources and I can completely respect that.

7. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    @missbishi@missbishi, I LOVE home bargains, they are great for toiletries! @Darakath@Darakath, Aldi is a discounted food store, they have lots of other stuff in there too, they have won supermarket of the year for four years running now I believe. @Jessie@Jessie, wow I did not realise it was that many! @Eiko@Eiko it is definitely worth a look if you are ever near one!

8. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I visit Aldi occasionally but don't do my weekly shopping there because I find I can't get all my shopping there. I usually have to visit another store to get things I can't get in Aldi eg. The brands my children will eat and cat food my cat will eat.
    However you can't beat them for value and people shopping there every week must save a fortune.