Alibaba States That It Has Resolved China's Saic Accusations

Discussion in Online Shopping started by explorerx7 • Mar 22, 2016.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    China's State Administration for Industry and Commerce (SAIC) had accused worldwide e-commerce giant, Ali Baba of allowing merchants in its network to run unauthorized stores that promoted fake products. Ali Bab has stated that it has on staff 2000 thousand to monitor for these breaches and has helped in prosecuting hundreds of violators.
    Jack Ma Ali Babes's founder has revealed the conflict with the (SAIC) has been resolved.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If China's State Administration for Industry and Commerce is accusing Ali Baba of allowing merchants to sell fake products then anyone who wants to buy something from the site should take this allegations seriously. Last year Ali Baba claimed they were doing all they can "to fight counterfeits" but apparently they aren't.

To be on the safe side, buy nothing from Alibaba until they solve their "counterfeit problem".

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If that's the case, that would be FANTASTIC news! Ali Baba has such great potential to sell good stuff, but I've heard so many horror stories, it petrifies me to even consider going there. I won't go diving straight in, but I think it's worth keeping an eye on and seeing what other people are saying. If I hear there's been rigid measures put in place to crack down on the perpetrators, I'll have no problem shopping with Ali Baba. It doesn't help matters that many online sellers who scam people are from China.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know. Something about that site never sat right with me, but it could just be me.

It seems like when I search for stuff there are always listings from them that pop up and their stuff does seem to be super cheap. I can't remember why I was first cautious of this site. Maybe I had heard something about these allegations but just don't remember it (I don't remember stuff like I used to).

Anyway, if they are clearing up the problem, I guess that's a good thing. I know a lot of people say they get great deals from that site.

5. moll

mollNew Member

Threads:
    I stay clear of Alibaba since I don't have time to deal with problems with shipping and handling. I don't even mind the terrible quality that much. You get what you pay for, but with the added hassles of customs and international shipping holdups. If I have to order stuff that ships from another country, I stick with eBay so I can easily get my money back if anything goes wrong.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only ordered from Alibaba three times, and every single time the items that arrived were clearly counterfeit knockoffs. In fact, one of the orders didn't even ship me my entire order - and kept giving me the runaround for nearly a year that she would be shipping the rest. By the time she finally offered to give me a refund, I had switched banks, so she then insisted she could only refund to my old bank account, which was no longer active. So I never even got my money back.

What's more frightening, is that many people these days are buying items in bulk from Alibaba, and reselling them on Amazon for a profit. What is Amazon doing to address these counterfeit knockoffs? One would assume Amazon to be a more reputable place to buy things, but if merchants are selling items on there and shipping them directly to consumers, then Amazon never gets to see these items directly to verify if they're legit or not.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never even heard of that site, and from what everyone is saying, it seems like one I should be avoiding. I hate sites that try to rip you off. I am only comfortable using and ordering from sites that have a good reputation. This is what we need to use. It is what we should be doing.

8. coder

coderNew Member

Threads:
    That's really a good news for Alibaba users.