All-In-One Printers

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Phil • Sep 30, 2013.

1. Phil

PhilNew Member

Threads:
    It seems like they're giving away these printers today and just gouging consumers with ink prices. I am having trouble finding one that will last more than a year.
    I had a bad experience with an HP model a couple years ago and now my Canon MX 860 is going kaput.
    The family and friends I've talked to have been swinging and missing as well, spending $100-$150 on printers that have compatibility issues or are just plain bad.
    Can anyone recommend an All-In-One Printer they've had a good experience with?

2. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    It's sad to hear that you had a bad bad experience with HP. Being an HP employee, I would say that HP is the leading brand when it comes to printers. We cannot really avoid having issues with any brand.

Why not give it another try?

But if I can't really convince you, here's a link for the list of good MFPs :)

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    My HP Printer/Scanner/Copier has been working pretty well for a few years now, it's the only brand I've used that I can speak for from personal experience.

4. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I use an HP all in one that uses toner and not ink. Great copies and the toner seems to last. The ink does seem to run out, but maybe since I use this for business I don't think about it. Still with all the use, I dont seem to run through toner like people go through ink.

5. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have an HP all-in-one printer. It faxes, copies, prints, and does pictures. It works wonderfully. I found it at discounted rate at a vendor's market. It only costed $15. The only thing missing was a power cord which we had an extra one at home. I do notice it goes through ink fairly quickly. However, I use it for my business so it is used often.

6. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    Wow, you've nailed it. I seem to replace my ALL in One printer every year also. I stopped buying HP years ago, then use Canon for a few years, but got tired of them break so often. Now my last two printers have been Epsons Printer and NOT cheap on either. My Espon Artison 837 lasted less than a year, now I am using the Workforce 3520. SO far so good. I have a chip resetter for the ink, so I can refill or use off brands for about 10th the price of Epson ink!

7. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    We have a Canon Pixma M287. It's a scanner/ printer/ copier. It has been with us for more than a year and we have had no issues with it. Its easy to use even without reading the manual. I hate doing that. The only down side is the ink is expensive but I think all printer inks are like that now regardless of brand. This is my 2nd Canon printer and am satisfied with how they make their printers. I have bought HP, Epson and Lexmark in the past but by far Canon printers are my favorite.

8. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I switched to a black and white only Brother last year, and haven't regretted the decision one iota. It takes toner over ink, which is more expensive in one shot, but prints, I don't know, like 100X more pages per unit.

Here's my thing. I never used my color printer at home. And many people don't NEED to, they just do it for the convenience. Colored ink is a price gouger, and when you consider that Staples, Walgreens, and Walmart are practically GIVING AWAY free prints monthly in promotional deals, it will always be cheaper to print in color to a remote location.

I print a lot of coupons, and colored ink lowers the value of the coupon significantly. Since switching to black and white only, I've still not replaced my toner, and I've more than made up for the price of the printer in the coupons I've printed.

I think the biggest problem is that we are a society that gets used to convenience and ceases to think practically when we're in a habit of something.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I have a cousin that just buys a new printer each time he runs out of ink because it's a lot cheaper. You wouldn't believe how much cheaper it is until you try it. Of course than then you will have a tower of printers that you don't use, but you can always give them to someone else.