Allergies and air conditioners

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Aug 1, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the summer time we use air conditioners more because of the heat, but at the same time this also can cause allergies and even colds and there is nothing worse than being sick in the summer. Have you ever been sick because of the air conditioner? Does it usually causes you allergies?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use the AC to keep the humidity down, the humidity can cause me to have a reaction so my AC is important to me. It is hard sometime to tell the difference from an allergy reaction and a cold. I don't think I have gotten a cold from the AC running during the summer.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To me, air conditioning is very damaging specially because the office where I work has central air conditioning that is on all day every single day, and every season. Therefore, I spent a good part of my day in a place with the carpet, without any natural ventilation with the AC on full time. It does make my allergies come up very often, especially because it's a combination of the carpet and the air conditioning. A lot of people get sick because of that as we'll.

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Carpets are the worse because they accumulate all sort of things that cause us allergies, but the main issues I have experience with air conditioners is because they are poorly regulated, meaning, too cold, too hot or even with a function that makes the air drier and that is really bad for us. Nothing like knowing how to operate it.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been a fan of air-conditioners. Even when I lived in the tropics, I would rather put up with a few sleepless nights instead of turning that buzzing machine on. I used to get problems when I walked all hot and sweaty from the street into a freezing 21C shopping mall. The sudden change in temperatures, often by 20C's would make my shoulder pop and ache.
    My medical masseur told me that's how a lot of people start developing back problems.

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I am pretty much like you Dora, I never had a unit and if I can live without one I will. On the other hand I do use the one I have at my office, but it's a common room with 8 more people so it's really necessary to have some management skills to put the unit to the content of everyone, but in the summer we really can't pass without it.