"Almost Naked" Fashion?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by ExpertAdvice • Oct 31, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Just recently, I noticed a "who wore it better" comparison show up on my social media newsfeed, wherein two well-known celebrities were being paralleled with each other.

Now, that was not the "weird part" of the happening at all. By now, I have become used to this practice of seeing sites that put up photos of "famous people" wearing outfits that are similar, and that very same question being put to the "typing public": "who wore it better"? And I don't really have a problem with this on a whole.

What I am a bit puzzled with, is why the word "wore" is being used, when in some of these pics, I'm seeing people that barely wore anything!

fashion bare.

So, what do you guys think about this style of fashion?

Do you think that this kind of fashion, which barely leaves anything to the imagination is something that you like seeing?

Do you think that "almost naked" fashion can somehow be viewed as elegant?

Please let me know!

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I feel a little conflicted on this one, for the most part I really do try not to judge, to each their own & all that...but I do take offense to some of these kinds of "fashions". I think it really lacks elegance and even basic respect for others to leave next to NOTHING to the imagination- and you can look just as good covering up a larger fraction of your skin as well. So...I'm not a fan.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's disgusting. Women should have a little more self-respect. Their bodies are more than eye-candy for men and other perverts of sorts. Unfortunately though it appears like we're heading back to the 'cave man' fashion. People back then wore nothing more than a loin cloth and didn't mind it. The only difference between then and now is, women are 'baring it all' because they like being ogled at.

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Well, people are free to wear whatever they want as long as they are happy and comfortable. However, I will not wear something like this because I was not raised to wear too revealing clothes.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As far as this type of fashion goes, I can do away with the "to each his own" mantra. That's all right when you're talking about LGBT and religious issues. The thing with the "almost naked" getup is that it's mostly worn for the public, without consideration for your age, sex or moral beliefs (pity the little children who get to see such a view). People who wear revealing outfits bid for attention. They know full well the effects of this type of wardrobe yet they still force you to look at them. I don't like it. It's not even fashion to begin with. For the sake of little children whose minds might end up polluted, the almost naked trend should be scrapped.

6. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that it's elegant at all. Some people would argue and support this thing as they'd say that it's all the freedom of expression. But there has to be a limit of everything. You can;t go around walking while not wearing anything.

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like it, I think people need to wear some actual clothes. Why would a woman want to show so much and get so much attention like that? It's not a good kind of attention she will get when men look at that, they are using her in their minds. It makes me really sad that there are so many women who do not realize that they have more value than that, that they are not merely a body for the use of men.

8. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I have also seen this done with body paint. I personally would not "wear" it but I do think that it can be viewed as art if done properly. However, they should be sure not to cross that line of trashy.

9. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    The only groups of people who will view "almost naked" fashion as elegant are perverts. Really? If it is a closed event, then I think it is okay to wear those. However, to walk on the streets with barely nothing on, is overdoing it. There must be a balance between decency and "showing skin". I hope that the future does not make nude as the in thing.

10. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    That type of fashion is usually what the stars are told to wear. Realistically regular people would never wear something like that out in public. The sexualization of our society is always spoken out as a way for people to show their freedom and expression. Though, the only thing I see is someone that is barely clothed.

11. hogwarts

hogwartsNew Member

Threads:
    As a feminist, I think that women should be able to wear what they want as long as they feel confident and beautiful! Besides, if I had that kind of body, I'm sure that I would want to show it off as well. Besides, the main reason for why people think it is tacky for women to display their bodies is because society tends to make women feel that they should be ashamed of their bodies and sexuality. I think it's great that it's becoming more socially acceptable for women to wear or not wear what they want. It just makes me sad to know that these stars probably are dressing that way more because they feel obligated to be sexually attractive to their fans and not necessarily because that style is what makes them happy.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think people are too uptight and it's nobody's fault but the judger's if they sexualize everything people wear or don't wear. Every human being on the planet has a body lol.. if someone wants to show it off and be proud, who are any of you to make them feel ashamed of that? A body is a body is a body and our society is conditioned to hate themselves.. when I see someone confident enough to walk around in revealing clothes, I see confidence in themselves. Sometimes you see the opposite and they want attention, but again.. who are any of us to shame them for it? It's just a body. Just boobs, just tummy, just legs etc. If you think that's indecent and you want children sheltered from that, how do you think they'll grow up viewing their bodies? It's time for a little maturity. People should be allowed to wear what they want without the world labelling them.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of "almost naked" fashion, and I don't think it would be even popular outside the red carpet or the runway. Unless the person is really confident and flamboyant, he or she wouldn't wear such revealing outfits. But I won't really mind or care if I see almost naked people walking on the street, since it's their body so they can wear whatever they want.