Aloe Vera - anyone?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Jul 19, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aloe Vera is probably the one must-have plant for your garden. Even for those who don't have a garden aloe can be planted in a vase/pot/container. Some of it's uses are:

-It can be used to cure constipation.
    -Treats sunburn.
    -Speeds up healing for all kinds of burns.
    -If you have dry skin aloe could be the answer you've been looking for.

But that list ain't comprehensive.

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Aloe Vera is good for everything! You can actually use some of it in a drink, be sure to do research because part of the plant is toxic to ingest. But it aids with good health. It is good for your skin, it heals burns, smells great, heals other wounds. I use it really for everything. I want to grow an aloe vera plant, sadly my apartment is too small, I'd have no where to put it!

3. Forall

ForallMember

Threads:
    Aloe Vera is good for the skin and proven to boost the immune system too.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few aloe plants because of the versatility of the plant. I like having an all natural type of cure all in the house for emergencies. Another great use for aloe is that it also helps with blemishes, it's my understanding that almost any skin trauma can benefit from the soothing properties of aloe. Has anyone else seen aloe vera juice, do you drink it?

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink it for my GERD. I don't even know if it helps but right now I am drinking the berry flavor. It's an acquired taste as it's very tangy but it's not too bad. You just have to get used to it I guess and if I drink too much at one time it's hard on the throat.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I always keep an aloe plant in a pot and available for burns.

I've never used it for anything else, but it's amazing for small burns. It's instant relief and requires no chemicals!

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink Aloe Vera juice for upset stomach, if I decide to eat ice cream knowing it will upset my stomach I make sure I have some Aloe Vera on hand. Other foods that up set your stomach will be handled quickly my drinking Aloe Vera juice and if you eat a lot of beans and get a lot of gas drink some Aloe Vera juice.

8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    How easy is aloe vera to grow? I've heard there are alot of uses for aloe Vera but the only thing I've used it for is for stomach aches. There have been times where my stomach was really irritating me and took some of that and soon enough felt alot better.

9. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    Aloe Vera is a life saver for me during the summer. I have fair skin and I burn very easily. I even get sunburned while being in the shade. I always buy at least two or three bottles of Aloe Vera every year because I cannot deal with the pain from sunburns.

10. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    This is the main ingredient in the line of most products from Forever Living which are really effective in ways that they claim it to be. Frankly, their products are quite expensive. The best experience I witnessed was when my sister in law was accidentally splashed with boiling oil on her legs. We used the aloe spray on the her skin and applied it whenever she feels it was getting burned again. You would not believe it but no burn marks were seen at all.

11. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Has anybody used aloe vera to induce hair growth? From where I'm from, it is believe that aloe vera can promote healthy thick hair though I haven't met an actual person who experienced this kind of benefit from using aloe vera. :confused:

12. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    They are not very hard to grow but there are over 200 varieties so it might depend on the soil, weather, etc. They are all succulents and so you would plant them much like you would other succulent plants; outdoors if the weather is right and indoors when you aren't sure. You can plant them from seeds but I have planted it by taking one of the longer outer pieces and planting it in a pot with soil in it.

The outer part of the leaf is not really of any benefit but has recently been advertised as being used in the product. This is just easier for the company - sort of like eating unpeeled cucumbers - although I think there is a health benefit to that.