Am I the only person that doesn't like the Bacon Stuffed Crust Pizza at Pizza Hut?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by lrd913 • Oct 3, 2014.

1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I was looking really forward to this new pizza but it did not meet my expectations at all. Anyone else order it?

It looked really promising but I think it had WAY too much bacon. I'm not sure if it was smoked or something but it just seemed really overpowering to me. My friends and I ended up cutting it off our pizza and saving it for later. Then we bought pizza sauce and reheated it the next night for a snack, the pizza sauce acted as a dipping sauce. It tasted better that way since it wasn't as strong.

Thoughts about the pizza? I was really disappointed with it. Though if they come out with a new stuffed crust I might try that. Usually I like all of Pizza Huts products.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sure you are not the only one. I personally do not even like bacon, so I know this would not be something I would like at all. I don't know why people seem to think that adding bacon, one of the most unhealthy meats, it going to make everything so much better. It just makes it greasier and harder to digest along with all the other problems from bacon and how it's processed.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. I love bacon, but the bacon stuffed crust wasn't compatible with the other ingredients on the pizza. It clashed with the other flavors. I would only consider trying it again if there was bacon on the entire pizza.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried it but I am probably not going to. It seems like the bacon would get soggy and chewy inside the crust. I don't really enjoy bacon on pizzas that often. The only meat I usually order is pepperoni. My roommate loves meat lovers style pizzas but it's too heavy for me. I like having more veggies than meat on mine.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That might have been what it was for me too. I love bacon and I love Pizza Hut so it was okay for the time but I'm never getting it again. It was just too weird of a taste. I'd go back to the original stuffed crust any day (or cheesy bites if they bring those back).

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I had it recently by complete accident. I was brought some leftover pizza and it turned out the crust had the bacon in it. It didn't actually taste like bacon, though. I thought it was my surprise that turned me off to it, but I had it the next day and still wasn't super excited by it. It wasn't disgusting, but it wasn't all that tasty either.

7. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I like bacon in moderation. I can't eat it on everything or everyday, but now it seems like its been added to everything. I saw bacon jerky at the store today, and I found bacon flavored snack sticks. That's too much bacon for me. I've seen bacon ice cream which was extremely strange and disgusting to me.

I do cringe when I see people eating bacon everyday and with multiple meals. If it's around I'm more likely to eat it but I don't really go out of my way to buy it. My boyfriend on the other hand loves it, so that's usually why it's around for consumption.

8. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    Exactly! It didn't even really have a bacon flavor. The taste was very strange and completely off. It was almost unappetizing at that point to eat. I wonder if it was a bacon with added flavor. It almost reminded me of a smoked flavor but not quite. I'm just not sure why it tasted so odd. I'm glad it's not just me and my friends who didn't like it.

I feel like bacon is making the foods I like taste worse. I'm gonna just have to stick with regular crust from now on. Hopefully they don't mess with that anytime soon.

9. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried it yet either, but it sounds pretty good. I like bacon so this is something I may try just so I know what it tastes like. I would like to know if it's something that I would want to continue to eat. I haven't been to Pizza Hut in a while so this would be the perfect excuse to go there again.

10. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Just the other day I ordered this and I dunno. The bacon didn’t taste enough like bacon. It tastes more like ham. In fact, it both tasted and smelled like a Ham & Cheese Hot Pocket, of which I’m not a big fan. I much prefer the normal 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust with some marinara. The traditional stuffed crust really tickles my taste bud compared to this new one.

11. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Love bacon. Hate Pizza Hut. That greasy pizza probably swims a violent current inside anyone's belly brave enough to digest a bacon cheese crust with oily meat and oily cheesy toppings. No sense in getting veggies because they will disappear in all that grease. The irony is that I actually like bacon in my pizza, especially Hawaiian style with BBQ sauce.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, what a bummer- it sounds promising but I see how they could easily overdo it. I haven't had pizza hut in the longest time...since we've moved down to our current city we usually end up getting ones from smaller chains that are almost always better and better priced, too. Still, that sounds like one I would have wanted to try.

13. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It almost tasted like bits of canadian bacon instead of real bacon. In hindsight, I have a feeling that the "weird" taste we're getting is that they use something like bacon bits instead. Yes, it might still be bacon, but if it's dehydrated or seasoned funny, that's what we're picking up on.

14. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Such a thing exists?! Wholly yes! Next time I'm eating at Pizza Hut's, I'm definitely giving this crust option a try. Thanks for the share OP and others.

15. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of Pizza Hut to begin with but I did try the bacon stuffed crust and it was just too much. The bacon wasn't that crispy and I thought had a very greasy, limp texture. I love pizza but like to stick to our local pizza place or Little Caesars. They are inexpensive and always hot and ready!! ;)

Danyel :)

16. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of this pizza until I ran across this post. And to me it just does not sound appetizing. I don't think I would try this. Its does not seem like a good combination of ingredients. But this pizza sounds like something that my fiance would eat he eats everything. plus he loves bacon so yea this would be a winner for him lol. But it almost seems like they can put anything together now a days has anyone seen the fried chicken ice cream yeah don't wanna try it.

17. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    I could not agree with you more. I like they added too much bacon. (Did I just say that) It was like eating bad bacon for some reason. I love bacon. I really do and this just was poorly made. Maybe I had a bad batch but man was the pizza horrible. It reminded me of something but I can not remember for the life of me what it reminded me of. Pizza hut should of added like real pieces of bacon instead of like a cheesy bacon flavor. It was gross. I highly recommend to anyone who does like crunchy bacon to not eat that pizza because you will be disappointed. The filling was like not done all the way bacon. It was sad.

18. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    I didn't like it either.. I like my bacon really crispy and the bacon in this pizza isn't crispy at all. Probably because of how it was cooked.

Sad, because it seemed like such a good idea. Do you guys get sausage stuffed crust there too? I like that one much better, especially with the cheese dip. :)

I really like the bacon cheeseburger pizza of pizza hut though. :)

19. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I haven't tried this new pizza myself, I do have a feeling bacon isn't an appropriate pizza ingredient. It has a distinct taste that's great for sandwiches. However, as part of an entire pizza... the propect seems bleak. The ingredients must have failed to blend together. I wonder if Pizza Hut taste-tested this product before launching it.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still want to try it inspite of the negative reviews that I have been reading, since I love pizza and bacon so I am curious to see if I will dislike it like the rest of the people in here.