Amazon checkout

Discussion in Payment Methods started by classicnyer • May 14, 2012.

1. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone else noticed that more and more people are using Amazon checkout? It's happened to me twice so far (once for an online subscription that I wanted and once for a kickstarter campaign) that I thought I would be able to pay with Paypal, but I could only pay through amazon. I don't really mind it much, except that I usually have more money in my paypal account from (and for) various things I do online, and it's such a hassle to wait the five days or so it takes to get money from paypal to my bank account.

2. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I actually havent noticed this yet but I do see many places linking their PayPal link to amazon pages. Perhaps they work in relation to eachother depending whats on sale.

3. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    I prefer Amazon Checkout over PayPal. PayPal has quite a share of "foes" in both merchants and customers that refuse to use it, so Amazon's Checkout is an alternate for those people. If I had to choose, I'd pick Amazon personally. When I see both offered, I do pick Amazon. I try to avoid sharing my credit card info no matter what, so PayPal, Google Wallet, Amazon, whatever. But I do like Amazon quite a bit.

4. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have not had this problem yet. I know Amazon checkout charges more to the vendor in fees, but if it gains popularity more people may start to use it and be satisfied the fees will probably go down for the vendors.

5. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    PayPal has so many enemies because they provide such "good" customer service. What they actually do is don't protect their sellers, by awarding buyers pretty much every single claim made in fear of customers getting angry and disputing through their credit card or bank company. They don't want that to happen, as it means PayPal go out of pocket.

6. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    PayPal is easier to get paid with, but Amazon is easier to pay others. I receive money from my PayPal and I usually immediately transfer it to my bank (takes 3-4 days though) and then use it there. I've only used Amazon payments for Kickstarter, but it is relatively simple as you don't have seperate balances (like PayPal balances + your credit card balance), it's essentially just a different way to input your credit card.

7. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    This is so true. My mother is a seller and has had people snatch their money back even when it's their fault and PayPal almost always sides with the buyers. It's really frustrating!

Amazon and PayPal definitely aren't in cahoots with each other. I work on Amazon Mturk sometimes and the money i make goes into an Amazon Payments account. I can either use it to make purchases on Amazon or have it direct deposited into my bank. I have yet to see an Amazon payment option on other sites, though. It could be convenient, but if your account with Mturk is suspended (and they do it all of the time for dumb reasons) any money you have in it is just forfeited. It's gone and they will NOT give it back. So, I get a direct deposit every time I hit the $10 mark, which is the lowest amount you can have to request a deposit.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of Amazon Checkout. I know about Google Checkout, but I really surprised that Amazon is trying to compete with PayPal. I think PayPal needs competition. It will help to improve their customer service.

9. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    I would say Amazon Checkout is likely superior to many other alternatives to PayPal right now... but watch out for Google, they are a dynamic organization; they are very adaptable.

PayPal is probably the best for most if not all intents and purposes for the time being, I posit.

Thanks for reading! XD

10. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I hadn't really noticed it yet but Amazon Checkout has been around for a while it is about time that people start using it as an alternative.

Paypal will always be the top dog when it comes to making money, sending money, and storing money but at least there are other things out there for people that don't like or don't/can't use paypal.