Amazon Launching Unlocked Service To Give Away Free Apps

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by elite1fl • Mar 26, 2015.

1. elite1fl

elite1flMember

Threads:
    TechCrunch has a new report that says Amazon is launching a new service called Amazon Unlocked which will offer users a wide range of paid apps, including in-app purchases free of charge. It's described as Amazon Prime, but for apps. This will include big game makers like Sega America, and of course indie makers. Plus there will be non-gaming apps as well. Would you be interested in a service like this?

2. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I personally wouldn't be interested because I'm not a game person, but I can see where gamers might really like this. I already have Amazon Prime and I do like it. I buy a lot of things from Amazon and appreciate the free shipping, plus I have a Roku so I can get their streaming movies & TV shows. Not a bad deal at all for 100 bucks a year.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that Amazon Prime already offers one free "paid app" a day for people. I do not know if it is only game apps or if it is for any of their apps. I have a Kindle Fire; but I only use it for reading; and I use the iPad for everything else; so I have never checked out any of the apps for Kindle to see what ones I might like. I think that Amazon is a great company, and they offer lots of good deals for their customers, especially when you have Prime.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Probably not. The only game apps I use are mPoints apps, and the only reason I play any games at all on my phone is to get mPoints. If it wasn't earning I would consider it a 100% waste of time and would not get any enjoyment out of it. I don't really need tons of apps, so I don't think I would use this.